I have recently been using IM+ Lite and I discovered a rather odd glitch. Every ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rsammon977 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219DFA34

Problem with IM+ Lite alerts

Advertisement

I have recently been using IM+ Lite and I discovered a rather odd glitch. Every time i do a hard reboot with my BB (Alt+RS+DEL) all the alerts i've set to it reset to their defaults. Unfortunately, those are set to silent. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing something??

Thanks,

Rsammon
    Go Bold or Go Home!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Is that the only app you are experiencing the problem with? Try deleting and reinstalling the app. If it persists, email the developer with your device model number, OS version number (complete not just 5.0), and a description of the issue. It may be a bug in the app and could be specific to certain model or OS versions.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Yes, this is the only app. I've tried rebooting and reinstalling, all to no avail. Will be contacting ShapeServices........ was just wondering if anyone else had problems with this or any other app.
    Go Bold or Go Home!

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Just tried it with another app, and its doing the same thing. Problem with the OS? Any ideas how to correct it? This is the second piece of hardware it's happened with so I don't know how a OS reload would work. Perhaps clearing it back to the default profiles and starting from scratch?
    Go Bold or Go Home!

Yes, it could be something corrupt in the profiles. Yeah, try clearing and starting over, don't reload the settings from a backup.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Ok now i'm really confused. I did a backup from a factory state handset, and went to restore the profiles database and it's greyed out............. any thoughts?
    Go Bold or Go Home!

Are you trying to restore it from the Factory state backup or from a backup with some of your settings? Makes sense that if from a "factory state" they are grayed out, because there would be no user specified settings to restore.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Fair enough. Although I would think the way the blackberry is designed that the "user defined" wouldn't make a difference, as even with the defaults the information needs to be stored somewhere...... anyways, just did a back up of my handset, going to do a wipe and selective restore later........ thanks for all your help and i'll post back what happened in case someone else runs into something like this.....
    Go Bold or Go Home!

It could be an issue with the OS version you are using too, may want to switch if the problem persists. Keep us posted!
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    It seems like thats what it is. It cant be the IM+, as Viigo is also doing it. I think it's anything in the "Other" category, as all my other alerts stayed. Anyone else having this problem? Rogers OS 5.0.0.351
    Go Bold or Go Home!

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    Broke down and went to a non-carrier-official OS (5.0.0.586 to be exact). problem solved. kinda disappointed, as I was sticking to the rogers only releases.......
    Go Bold or Go Home!

PIN/ID
    219DFA34
    so, damnedest thing. Turns out I couldn't get IM+ to work with TWO other OSs i tried. Decided id rather have a silent program than no program at all, so i went back to the official Rogers OS. problem is STILL fixed......... dunno why, but at least i kinda sorta found a solution.......
    Go Bold or Go Home!