On my GoogleCalendar I have my calendar, but I also added Canadian Holidays, and a ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

problem with Google Sync and multiple calendars

Advertisement

On my GoogleCalendar I have my calendar, but I also added Canadian Holidays, and a sports Calendar for my favourite soccer team.

when I look at my calendar on-line I see all my events, holidays, and my team's fixture list. but on my BB the sports events do not show up, and I have no option to sync them.

is this a limitation on my BB or GoogleSync, or a problem with my Google Calendar.
    Last edited by paulypaul; 11-27-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by paulypaul View Post
    On my GoogleCalendar I have my calendar, but I also added Canadian Holidays, and a sports Calendar for my favourite soccer team.

when I look at my calendar on-line I see all my events, holidays, and my team's fixture list. but on my BB the sports events do not show up, and I have no option to sync them.

is this a limitation on my BB or GoogleSync, or a problem with my Google Calendar.
    Do the Canadian holidays show up?

yes, the CDN holidays and the Christian Holidays are both options in googlesync. but these seems to be no option to sync sports calendars. Perhaps the feature is new on google calendar, and its not added to googlesync yet.

disappointing. google sync has been at version 0.5.15 for over 6 months now.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Hmm. I know in my Google Sync stuff I was able to choose which of my calendars I wanted to sync. I don't remember exactly how but I did it.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yea I think its a limitation on google sync. I have a sports calendar also online. But not able to sync it with the bb.

Ok thanks. So I am not crazy then.

bingo, I found a solution.. in googleCalendar, if you open up the sporting event you will see an option "COPY TO MY CALENDAR"

it will show up twice as a conflicting event in GoogleCalendar, but it shows in on your BB as a single event.

I am so smart, I am so Smart SMRT, I mean SMART.