Viigo is great (I could go on about this point forever.) I am however, having ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

Problem viewing full article.

Advertisement

Viigo is great (I could go on about this point forever.)

I am however, having an issue with one of my devices. Since this single device belongs to my spouse, the severity of the issue is dramatically escalated.....

On her 8700g she is unable to view full articles. When attempted she (or I) is met with a message about needing to either update the blackberry browser or clearing its cache.

With cache cleared the issue persists. I am unaware of any browser update.

She is running the same version of 4.2 that I am running on my 8700g

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jerry
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Problem viewing full article.

jerrycrabb,

I'm guessing but, since you have two phones and one works and one doesn't, have you checked the available memory on both and is it similar? (options: status) Have you done a reboot (battery pull) on your wife's phone? Have you tried to delete and reinstall Viigo and/or have you checked the versions on both phones - I don't think there are too many choice on that. Lastly you might take the time to reinstall the OS on her phones if you have the time.

All of those are just "try it and see" tactics and what I would do in your place. Maybe someone experienced with Viigo will step in and help.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It

JBlackfish,

Thank you for your response.

Those are all very good points, and I have tried them all.

Her device has much more available memory than mine,
    I have installed both the Pinstack version as sell as Viigo's latest stock version
    I have re-installed her OS (but I'm going to try this one again)

all without any desirable results.
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Jerry,

I'm going to BUMP this post - maybe another Viigo user has gotten the same msg/problem:

'needing to either update the blackberry browser or clearing its cache.'

If you could describe exactly the msg you get and exactly at what point you get it in your next post, it would help define the problem.

Just so I know, when you try to get a Viigo display, is all you get the initial display and, if that display is larger than BB screen size, you can't scroll down to the rest of that post? Is that right?...and then you get the msg.

The other thing I don't believe you said you did is clear your cache so, did you clear the cache? (browser: menu, options, select cache operations and clear content cache.) I'm sure your did - we just never established that you did.)

Thanks.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com