Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oh, and by the way...what my silence means is that I've been working my a** ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

kolev no está en línea Developer

Re: problem with LexSpell spelling checker v. 2.0

Advertisement

Oh, and by the way...what my silence means is that I've been working my a** off lately.

Admittedly we were late with the replacement, for which I sincerely apologize.

But he** we are busy these days!

Amos no está en línea Stack level 1

OK guys you worked very hard to get us version 2.1 thank you... but how do I get my free upgrade to version 2.1??? I paid my $10.00 when I try to get it still show me version 2.0. any help here??? I email support but still waiting...

Amos no está en línea Stack level 1

Just got it fix...

Depending on how you install software the BlackBerry has a weird way of handling it and it is quite possible that you end up with several different instances of the same application.

The best way to check that is to go to Options (sometimes called Settings), Advanced Options , Applications and then Modules, which is pulled from the menu in Applications.

In Modules you should only see one instance listed for LexSpell and as of today it should be showing version 2.1.

All others must be deleted.

Those upgraded to version 2.1 between 16th and 17th of January may want to delete and download it again.

Due to some mix-up in our source code repository system we had released an incorrect version which is causing malfunctioning on the new feature of auto-proofing upon sending email. Sometimes it may take two or three clicks to actually send email, sometimes it may not intercept and proof it at all.

For reliable functionality, please delete LexSpell and install it again from http://mobile.beiks.com.

ardottrow no está en línea Stack level 1

Beiks/Kolev: What about those of us on 4.1? Is LexSpell 2.0 still available? If so, can it be installed OTA without changing the BB's clock (see post #14)? Is registration required for installation?

fdelima no está en línea Stack level 1

Bobby Kolev,

i purchased lexspell v2.0 last week because of the whole 2008 date issue. Now that 2.1 is out, I assume i dont have to "re-register". But what are the differences between a registered user of 2.1 and the non registered ?

Those on 4.1 can use LexSpell 2.0 but will need to pay for it, set date back, activate the program.

I can only apologize for the complex method, but that's how it is...if you do not like it just do not do it.

The major benefit of 2.1 over 2.0 is that it can intercept outgoing emails automatically, just like Outlook does it. However, this is only available to registered users.

ardottrow no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a VZW 8703e, OS v4.1.0.377 (Platform 2.2.0.176). Two days ago I downloaded OTA, without registering or changing the clock, LexSpell v2.1 for evaluation. So far, it appears to be working as intended, although one bug has surfaced: when the misspelled word is the last word of a sentence (i.e., is immediately followed by a period), the period disappears after LexSpell replaces the misspelled word.

I admit that is new to me.

Chances are I may be not knowing the obvious, but I always thought that applications compiled with JDE 4.2 will require OS 4.2 and higher.

This may actually not neccessarily be true, especially if no OS 4.2 specific functions are utilized...and in fact they are NOT utilized until you register and attempt to intercept outgoing emails automatically.

I just thought the Java runtime prevents such applications from being loaded at all.

The rules may be more relaxed than I though or there might be something else I do not know.

Either way, I am glad it works.

Will dispatch the bug report, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12