Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm using the LexSpell spelling checker on my BB8800, but yesterday I start getting this ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Amos no está en línea Stack level 1

problem with LexSpell spelling checker v. 2.0

Advertisement

I'm using the LexSpell spelling checker on my BB8800, but yesterday I start getting this note that say "this copy is outdated". I tried and tried even download a new one but with no luck...
    can some one help me please.thanks.

kolev no está en línea Developer

Re: problem with LexSpell spelling checker v. 2.0

Have you registered the software with us?

We ask people who like it and use it to register it.

ardottrow no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having exactly the same experience as Amos described, and Kolev's reply (which sounds like an official response from Beiks) does not address our issue.

You imply that Amos' and my problem is caused by a failure to register. Although your website *asks* people to register, you clearly indicate that registration is *not required* ("LexSpell is not limited in ... time") -- if you have changed this policy, you should say so on your website and in your reply, and explain that LexSpell will now cease to function after a certain period of time or number of uses if the user does not register. Also, it would be helpful if you explained how to register LexSpell when invoking the software on the BB does not take you to a registration page -- are we supposed to register on your website and then re-download the program onto the BB?

If your policy has *not* changed, then your response does not address or resolve Amos's -- or my -- problem, and we await a more helpful response.

sjsnyc@gmail.co no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by kolev View Post
    Have you registered the software with us?

We ask people who like it and use it to register it.
    I have registered the product paying my $10 and i can install but not run the program on my GF's BB 8100....It states the program version is out of date.....An icon appears and downloaded both the dictionary and spell checker but its not working...Help!!!!!!!!!I dont see a location and instructions are not clear on where the activation code/key goes...Poor to date...Disappointed...

B-Berry no está en línea Stack level 1

Receiving the same message "This copy of LexSpell is outdated" Removed existing copy (ver 2) installed new copy of the latest version 2 and still receiving the same message. Also paid the registration fee after receiving the message and there is no help as with the registration as to how to fix this issue. I did send a message to the LexSpell support email address. No response yet.

dano69 no está en línea Stack level 1

Same thing here. I have not registered it yet as I wanted to demo it first, but I cant do that now. Also, not to seem rude to kolev but your site says and your company promotes the fact that your product is free:

"A BlackBerry spell checker the way it should be - quick, quality and free"

It kind of seems as if you are trying to bait and switch users here by making them download your software and then having it crash and saying that the only way to fix it is to register.

sam8381 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am also having exactly the same issues on my 8800. Anyone found a solution yet?

Amos no está en línea Stack level 1

After paying the $10 to register this program start working perfectly. if you don't like to pay go to your calendar and re set the date to be before Jan 01 2008 and it will work again.

sam8381 no está en línea Stack level 1

It's amazing how a "free" program suddenly turns into a pay only program....

Sunshyn no está en línea Stack level 2

I was planning to try this and was considering other pay programs of theirs. After reading this thread, I think I'll pass on even trying anything out from them.

As far as I'm concerned, their actions are not even excused by their disclaimer about reserving the right to make changes in distribution policy without prior notice since they are STILL making a big deal about things like "it really comes at no cost for the individual end user!" even while their program is actually setup to require the payment. Not the type of company I want to deal with even if I wouldn't have minded paying if I liked it.

AllanRosen no está en línea Stack level 1

LexSpell-- you should be embarassed at this apparent bait and switch tactic. Kolev--- your silence speaks volumes. Can people suggest alternatives?

AFuentesJr no está en línea Stack level 2

kolev, where are you?

scadroes no está en línea Stack level 2

Please Help. I am having the same problem with lexspell. It said it was outdated so I uninstalled it and installed it again. However before installing it I also registered and paid online. I am still getting the same message about it being outdated and I cant get it to work on my phone.

fdelima no está en línea Stack level 1

scadroes,

I tried the same thing a number of times and then it finally worked .. what i did was this..
    - Register (uuugg) - get your unlock code
    - download the app (if you need to)
    - set your bb clock back to dec 31 2007
    - run lexspell and do a word check on a bad email
    -it will prompt you for the reg code - enter the unlock code
    - hit "register" (NOT "Continue") - you should get a "thank you" for registering msg
    - set your clock back to current
    - you should be good to go

good luck

kolev no está en línea Developer

LexSpell 2.1 is now published at the BEIKS website.

Replaces the outdated distributive, adds much requested feature to registered users (thus hopefully not making some of them sorry for having done what they should have done in the first place - reward us for our efforts if they use them frequently).

Only drawback is it requires 4.2 or higher.

I wonder how much of a problem will that be.

Are many of you here on 4.1?
    Last edited by kolev; 01-17-2008 at 12:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast