Hello, I've tried many attempts to install the new Facebook app v1.7. I've used both ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Problem installing Facebook v1.7 and 1.6

Advertisement

Hello,

I've tried many attempts to install the new Facebook app v1.7. I've used both methods:

1. Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones
    2. Appworld

I am successful in downloading but after it installs I get the below error:

Uncaught exception:
    net.rim.device.api.i18n.MissingResourceException

I then restart the phone doing a battery pull and I do not see the Facebook application icon anywhere. However I do see it was installed in the applications list. I've tried many times and get the same result. I uninstall, restart phone, download, install, get error and no app to be found.

So now I'm trying to install back v1.6 and it says my device is not capable. Any suggestions on what I need to do?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    What OS version are you running? I ran into this problem with a few apps on 5.0 and had to remove them through Desktop Manager rather then the device itself. After that I was able to install them. BBM 2.5 in particular was a pain in the butt.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Do you have a Media card installed? If you are not running OS 5, like Matt asked, uninstall FB completely then try to download and install again with out the card in the device.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I'm running v 4.6.1.250. I haven't tried removing it from the DM or removing the media card so I will try these options later when I reach home. Thanks for the suggestions. I will post back my results.

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3
    I was having the same issue this weekend, only I had a 552 error. There was something on my media card that was interfering with the download. Taking it out resolved the issue.

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374
    I try to install an uninstall pull off the battery take out the media card but nothing no icon

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Try sending your service books. If this doesn't work then go to options/advanced options/Host Routing Table and click on it then scroll way down the list till you see one in BOLD highlight it and hit your menu key and register Now. Hope this helps.
    Wouldn't it be nice if when ever we messed up our live we could simply press ' Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over??

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Like quiche said, try removing the media card. I knew about that but left it in anyway and installed 1.7 via App World. It seemed to install but a generic erroe message popped up. So I took out my media card, installed again via App World, and all was good. Can't guarantee it was the media card in my case, but give it a try.

PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I tried both methods, one worked.... I tried removing the media card and reinstall same thing. So I just remove the app from DM - reinstall and that did the trick - no error message and the app is on the phone. Thanks for all the help. All the suggestions were helpful.

I'm always learning on this forum.

Thanks

PIN/ID
    237be374
    where i can find and download service book for facebook ?
    eli barash

PIN/ID
    237be374
    Ok I put my hands on acopy of facebook 1.6.17 work great on my 8820 os 4.5
    If someone need it I will send him zip file