Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by azstar OK, something is def not right with the updates. It has ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

pfluger no está en línea Developer

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    OK, something is def not right with the updates. It has been saying 64 degrees for a while, even when I hit update all it stayed on 64, just now the time and temp with the icon finally updated, says 70, it didn't jump 6 degrees in 3 minutes. Can you explain how the updates work?

For example, in the app, it lists the city then underneath says a time, for quite a while it kept saying 1 hours(yes plural but 1) ago. Now it just updated and says 40 minutes ago but it only updated 6 minutes ago......confused.

Oh, and it's 9:30 but the info for the icon says 8:47, 45 minutes behind local time, that also matches the 45 min ago it now says in the app under the city
    I will try to clear this up a little ;-)

There are actually two times. The one under the city name is the time of the last observation. This will not change with every update, as the weather stations only update their observations every so and so often. This is also the time that is shown on the icon.

The time shown at the bottom of the screen is the time you last updated the data.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    So I have got temp and conf to work still no time showing. Also cannot get background to load on there. Azstar how did you get it to work?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Can't get it to find Charlottesville. Changed connection to tcp/ip, know the settings are correct. After reboot it had BIS and gave connection error.

Edit: Now we're cooking with gas! Changed back to BIS and I'm good. Now playing with it.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-22-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Just got mine and I can't seem to find a location either. Odd since I am right near a weather station and Int'l airport.

I've tried zip codes and entering just Fresno or Clovis with no state and it's not picking up anything.
    Last edited by Morgase; 03-22-2009 at 01:44 PM.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    So I have got temp and conf to work still no time showing. Also cannot get background to load on there. Azstar how did you get it to work?

What are you doing and what happens when you try it?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Guys I had to toggle between BIS and TCP to get mine working

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    I will try to clear this up a little ;-)

There are actually two times. The one under the city name is the time of the last observation. This will not change with every update, as the weather stations only update their observations every so and so often. This is also the time that is shown on the icon.

The time shown at the bottom of the screen is the time you last updated the data.
    That does explain, but then also will make a 30 minute update pointless, since the weather sources seem to update no sooner than once per hour even in major cities. That also makes getting prompt up to date weather alerts impossible too. Bummer
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    What are you doing and what happens when you try it?
    Never get time to show no matter what I tried batt pulls, off/on etc

Also when I try to load custom walls it doesn't do anything I select and it goes back to normal screen

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Can't get it to find Charlottesville. Changed connection to tcp/ip, know the settings are correct. After reboot it had BIS and gave connection error.

Edit: Now we're cooking with gas! Changed back to BIS and I'm good. Now playing with it.
    Glad it worked for you too! I guess that's a junk to be worked out!

Konaver no está en línea Stack level 2
    Fantastic gui. The best I have seen be far. Wrill be posting will be posting more about bugs, etc.

Here's something odd (8900 .174). I moved the icon so I could see it on home screen (default silver). I had WB direct in the spot prior (first). It moved no issue. Was going to move WB further down, but can't. I can move any other icon, but can't move WB. No menu comes up, nothing.
    Not a huge deal (can always uninstall WB) but figured you'd like to know. May to pull (hate waiting) to see if it changes.

On the surface I'm digging it. Can change bg image? Are you freakin kidding me!? BOTH where I live and work come up! Just THANKS. Nice not having to wait for a connection. Please tell me we can buy this outright, not a subscription when its final.

Edit: battery pull and unable to move WB icon. Heck, can't even hide it.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-22-2009 at 02:03 PM.

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    That does explain, but then also will make a 30 minute update pointless, since the weather sources seem to update no sooner than once per hour even in major cities. That also makes getting prompt up to date weather alerts impossible too. Bummer
    It is actually normal that reporting of current weather conditions only happens every now and then.
    Weather alerts are updated way more frequently. We do not support them in the first release but are planning to add them in one of the first official updates. We are going to build a push system for them so they will be independent from the update interval.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Did a battery pull. Connection failed. Switched to TCP/IP and still can't find a location.

Can't find a city within 50 miles. There's a weather station in Hanford CA and it can't find that town either.

I even looked up the zips in the city and tried half of them..about 10. NO Luck for me
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Try switching back to BIS. Worked for me when I couldn't find my city.

If alerts are added in later versions can we assume berrybuzz will be utilized (custom color etc)?

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Initial response...good GUI and easy menus to navigate. Just did an update on all locations about an hour after install to test. It only updated the first location. NOAA stations update hourly 99 percent of the time. I know this having studied meteorology for a couple of yrs. I will wait another hour and see if the data for all locations I have set up.

Page 7 of 89 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast