Page 63 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Wonder if the weather station or whomever update at the top or bottom of the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Advertisement

Wonder if the weather station or whomever update at the top or bottom of the hour or somewhere in between?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol... Here's one interesting thing though... Every location has its own refresh timer... So if you manually updated a location 5 mins ago, it'll update itself after 25 mins (assumin u have it set to 30 mins)... What that means in the global prespective of the app is that all locations don't update at the same time...they vary, a few mins apart depending on the time you took between adding locations...

on the not of observation times... It seems that any station is only shooting out an update every hour...

I was always under the impression that weather stations gave out their readings Live... And your update depended on how often your application checked with the weather station...

I'm not sure why berryweather has the one hour minimum on every observation, but the middleman concept is most likely...

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    Wonder if the weather station or whomever update at the top or bottom of the hour or somewhere in between?
    sounds like a good idea
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2
    If I have five locations, all set to update at one-hour intervals, will their updates be synchronized? In other words will one data connection update all five locations, or will each location update on its own schedule?

I ask regarding battery life. Theoretically, updates can happen five times per hour if they're not synchronized, which could seriously reduce battery life.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'd say they don't. 2 of my three updated 2 mins ago, the third was 21 minutes.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    When you start out, they don't... Best way to sync them is for you to do an "update all" once manually and that will sync all their clocks to within a min... Starting from your leftmost they will update towards the right, one after the other... That's how this software updates locations...

So once you do that, the time difference between intervals will be nominalized... Almost synced...

Hope that answers the question at hand...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I can update all at the same time, but the "time observed" is different for each location
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'm talking abt the update time, not the observation time...

You cannot actually update all at the exact same time cuz the app actually doesn't work that way... It goes one by one, left to right... Try it and you'll see they'll go to "just updated" one after the other...

Time observed is when the weather station last updated, so if you update ur location just now, n the station updated 45 mins ago you'll have info that was45 mins ago...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Using update all they update within a couple seconds of one another, so realy, together, unless 5 seconds really bugs you...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol... Nopes, I have no problem with it... Just sayin its technically not "synced" hehe...

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjb View Post
    If I have five locations, all set to update at one-hour intervals, will their updates be synchronized? In other words will one data connection update all five locations, or will each location update on its own schedule?

I ask regarding battery life. Theoretically, updates can happen five times per hour if they're not synchronized, which could seriously reduce battery life.
    Yes, this absolutely makes sense. We will tweak the updating scheme a little so that whenever one location times out _all_ locations will be updated. This should automatically keep them in sync and avoid unnecessary battery drain.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Wonderful news...

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    Yes, this absolutely makes sense. We will tweak the updating scheme a little so that whenever one location times out _all_ locations will be updated. This should automatically keep them in sync and avoid unnecessary battery drain.
    thats wonderfull special for storm users, cause all of the released OS's have weird battery life,
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Sometimes it can be a while. Mine is often at 1 1/2 hrs since last observed even though the app updates every 30 minutes. but the weather stations all seem to update about once per hour, at least the one's I'm following. It has to go from the weather station to the source where bellshare gets it, then transferred to us. All with info being polled at random times and maybe another middle-man in there too. At least that's how I interpreted pfluger's explanation
    Well that explains someof it!

Thbassman

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    Thanks. That's a great help. I wasn't really think about how the separate updates would have an effect on the battery.

Red is thinking outside the bb.