Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by jblackfish I agree, except for the LED color change it seems that ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I agree, except for the LED color change it seems that the alert system pretty-well handles this issue.

I HATE having to reset all my alerts when I change OS though - I wonder if having this program would eliminate that headache - i.e. keep the settings - every time?
    As far as I remember berrybuzz keeps settings from backup after OS upgrade. Pretty sure, not 100% though. I don't remember resetting it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    OK, got the new version. I love the integration with berrybuzz, like how the advisory on the widgets turn from a banner to an icon once read. I also love the fact that the advisory on the icon remains but changes color. So I still know something's going on but know nothing new has been added to the mix. I like the updated umbrella, more polished looking.

So I added my stations, move some locations, menu/exit app. Battery pull, everything was how I had set it, all changes accepted. Bt now if I change order and batt pull it changes back. Even if I change the order and just do a proper exit of the app, not even a batt pull, the locations change back. Deleted items do stay gone, but widget order does not save. So no reboot needed to prove that it is not saving changes. Just exit the app and when you return your changes will be undone.

I am not having any issues with hourlass except for brief moments while updating. I love all the features but the size of the app is getting quite large. For devces with less memory it could be an issue for some users.

Gotta take my boy to school, will be testing to be sure the "too many threads" error is gone by using the auto off/on feature. Will report back shortly.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

sele no está en línea Stack level 2
    The new version seems to be working great for me. One question I do have is about the data that you are pulling for the alerts. The alert that is showing for my location right now reads "Light rain and drizzle will continue through 9 am. Rainfall amounts will be light with less than a tenth of an inch expected." I consider this more of a forecast than an alert. I don't mean to be nit picking but I don't want to be alerted every time it is supposed to drizzle. An alert to me would mean that there is severe weather or dangerous conditions expected. I guess that would fall into the category of Watches and Warnings.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    May not be, unless you miss the tone. I have diff tones as well, but sometimes can't hear them (car, pocket) or when have it set to vibrate or in holster (work mainly).
    I do like the vib while ringing as well (mainly car).
    But you can set the "regular" BB alert to vibrate/ring too, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Ya know, I don't think I've ever had to reset my alerts after doing an OS upgrade, JB.
    UNBELIEVABLE! All of mine are ALWAYS reset to the same thing with each upgrade - none and mute. I thought everyone's were. I don't get that!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    OK, got the new version. I love the integration with berrybuzz, like how the advisory on the widgets turn from a banner to an icon once read. I also love the fact that the advisory on the icon remains but changes color. So I still know something's going on but know nothing new has been added to the mix. I like the updated umbrella, more polished looking.

So I added my stations, move some locations, menu/exit app. Battery pull, everything was how I had set it, all changes accepted. Bt now if I change order and batt pull it changes back. Even if I change the order and just do a proper exit of the app, not even a batt pull, the locations change back. Deleted items do stay gone, but widget order does not save. So no reboot needed to prove that it is not saving changes. Just exit the app and when you return your changes will be undone.

I am not having any issues with hourlass except for brief moments while updating. I love all the features but the size of the app is getting quite large. For devces with less memory it could be an issue for some users.

Gotta take my boy to school, will be testing to be sure the "too many threads" error is gone by using the auto off/on feature. Will report back shortly.
    Yeah, I think the hour glass thing was from something ele. Rebooted for 3rd time and haven't seen it again. The resetting of location order is slightly annoying, not a deal breaker. I'm growing more and more concerned on the features. Just see price going up with every new addition.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    But you can set the "regular" BB alert to vibrate/ring too, right?

UNBELIEVABLE! All of mine are ALWAYS reset to the same thing with each upgrade - none and mute. I thought everyone's were. I don't get that!
    You can set it to vibe THEN ring. With berrybuzz it keeps vibrating while ringing. No need to set to vibrate only to feel it after initial vibe. Small but helpful. Mix with custom LED and worth the $6 price.

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I'm still having the hour glass issue even after reset. After reboot I memory was at 147. I just checked and its at 130. That's a pretty big drop and I haven't used anything else for a while.
    Gonna reboot again and see what happens.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    You can set it to vibe THEN ring. With berrybuzz it keeps vibrating while ringing. No need to set to vibrate only to feel it after initial vibe. Small but helpful. Mix with custom LED and worth the $6 price.
    None of it's worth it to me, even if it's free, unless it KEEPS my settings after an OS upgrade/downgrade. I suspect that it would....
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Wow... All a guy's gotta do to miss a whole lotta action is pull one all nighter!

Downloading 0.4.4 now and will post results after my next exam...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Berrybuzz settings do not get saved when I upgrade/downgrade OS. I had to set it up again. But my profiles always stay as do all my other basic settings. Even if they don't stay you shiould be able to fix that quickly from a backup file jb using the advanced restore.

Maybe that's what I've done. Honestly don't know. Just don't remember resetting.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Berrybuzz settings do not get saved when I upgrade/downgrade OS. I had to set it up again. But my profiles always stay as do all my other basic settings. Even if they don't stay you shiould be able to fix that quickly from a backup file jb using the advanced restore.
    Yeah, when you do an OS upgrade and do the backup as part of the process, it should restore most everything to the way you had it prior to the upgrade. Always has for me.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I'm noticing the app is not updating during the day. Its set to BIS and I have signal, but I can't get it to update. seems to work at home on wifi tho.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    BellShare has some awesome apps, I havent had any problems with the weather app
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Well.. I go to sleep and new things appear. I should sleep more often! Getting my update right now.

I also noticed that berrybuzz didn't save settings on upgrade.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service