Page 57 of 89 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

I'm maybe jumping @ shadows here, but since installing the update I keep getting the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

I'm maybe jumping @ shadows here, but since installing the update I keep getting the hourglass over and over when trying to open stuff. Also noticed mem dropped to 137, which usually takes hours. Last reboot was only a half hour or so.
    Now I didn't check mem right after pull. May do again and see. Hourglass just popped up while typing this, hasn't done that before.
    Maybe just coincidence. Going to pull one more time and check mem settings etc.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    One thing I like about WB is the cutomizable alerts. You can set visual, audio, and even none for various individual alerts.

Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I'm maybe jumping @ shadows here, but since installing the update I keep getting the hourglass over and over when trying to open stuff. Also noticed mem dropped to 137, which usually takes hours. Last reboot was only a half hour or so.
    Now I didn't check mem right after pull. May do again and see. Hourglass just popped up while typing this, hasn't done that before.
    Maybe just coincidence. Going to pull one more time and check mem settings etc.
    I'm having the same problem with the hour glass. I haven't checked my memory but I'm gonna reboot and watch memory.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Man, it's like Christmas morning all over again! Wakin' up to an updated BerryWeather! Great work, guys!

I got the TooManyThreads error again this morning when my device turned on at 6am.

Th, no need to post the error log anymore, bro!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Man, it's like Christmas morning all over again! Wakin' up to an updated BerryWeather! Great work, guys!

I got the TooManyThreads error again this morning when my device turned on at 6am.

Th, no need to post the error log anymore, bro!
    I just got the error too, Roger.

Agree, Bassman. Please, no more logs posting - it's too long and I think we've documented the error.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

After reboot I'm back to 142. So far no hour glass. Must have been a fluke.

Updated app and berrybuzz picked it up. LED blinked red first, then went to custom color. No mem change after update...guessing was fluke after all.

...0.4.4 is the one causing the hour glass problem?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

No hourglass problem here. Everything looks great!

How much is the BerryBuzz app and what exactly does it do?

5.95, Custom LED for sms, email, vibrate while ringing.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    5.95, Custom LED for sms, email, vibrate while ringing.
    So how does it interact with this weather app? Just a different LED color for weather advisories?

Yeah, and I'm guessing you could set vibrate (haven't tried).
    I have white for weather, bright green for email, bright blue for sms.
    Biggest benefit is not having to even pick up blackberry when tone goes off. A glance can tell you if it needs your attention or not. You can set intervals for reminders as well. So if you miss an alert it'll flash from (from memory) anywhere 60 second to hours.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-26-2009 at 09:27 AM.

Yes, you can change the profile settings for these advisories. Cool!!

My LED was flashing red as it does whenever I have a message or something, but I didn't see any messages. Noticed that BW had an advisory notification so I looked at the profile settings and sure enough, you can change your alert for these advisories!

Might have to check into BerryBuzz for LED color, but I have a different tone set for each notification, so not sure it's necessary for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Yes, you can change the profile settings for these advisories. Cool!!

My LED was flashing red as it does whenever I have a message or something, but I didn't see any messages. Noticed that BW had an advisory notification so I looked at the profile settings and sure enough, you can change your alert for these advisories!

Might have to check into BerryBuzz for LED color, but I have a different tone set for each notification, so not sure it's necessary for me.
    I agree, except for the LED color change it seems that the alert system pretty-well handles this issue.

I HATE having to reset all my alerts when I change OS though - I wonder if having this program would eliminate that headache - i.e. keep the settings - every time?

May not be, unless you miss the tone. I have diff tones as well, but sometimes can't hear them (car, pocket) or when have it set to vibrate or in holster (work mainly).
    I do like the vib while ringing as well (mainly car).

I won the app, however we will still be buying it for gf phone, as we'll end up with two copies of this.
    Its funny, you have no idea how cool and useful berrybuzz can be until you use it.

Ya know, I don't think I've ever had to reset my alerts after doing an OS upgrade, JB.