Page 54 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

yea if i dont have a city with an advisory it will change at will, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Advertisement

yea if i dont have a city with an advisory it will change at will, but if you have one with an advisory even if its not your home city the badge is red

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I've quickly realised that I'd rather have the advisory badge remain on the homescreen icon rather than the temp badge color becoming red background white text...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Yeah, we implemented it like that for everyone to play around with it a little and give feedback. Personally I also prefer having the small alert icon on all the time and keep the default colors for the temperature badge.

The only reason for doing it this way is that you can see on the icon whenever a new advisory comes in even when there already is another one in effect. Though, that's what the BerryBuzz notification is for...
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    moving locations on touchsreen is working more than perfect
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    are you talking about the advisory "exclamation point" icon? that was on the last version?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    The only reason for doing it this way is that you can see on the icon whenever a new advisory comes in even when there already is another one in effect. Though, that's what the BerryBuzz notification is for...[/quote]

smart decision
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Ok, maybe this works: Keep the temperature badge colors and instead show a red alert badge when there is a new advisory. After acknowledging it the alert badge will change color (maybe gray or yellow).

As soon as a new advisory comes in it will turn red again. When there are no more advisories it will be hidden.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    Yeah, we implemented it like that for everyone to play around with it a little and give feedback. Personally I also prefer having the small alert icon on all the time and keep the default colors for the temperature badge.

The only reason for doing it this way is that you can see on the icon whenever a new advisory comes in even when there already is another one in effect. Though, that's what the BerryBuzz notification is for...
    How about this...

New advisory : large advisory badge - temp badge customizable - berrybuzz alert ofcourse
    Existing advisory (already viewed) : small badge - temp badge customizable - no more berrybuzz badge ofcourse...

Temp badge location options working fine
    Unlinked location view changes holding steady...

So far, amazing...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Ok, maybe this works: Keep the temperature badge colors and instead show a red alert badge when there is a new advisory. After acknowledging it the alert badge will change color (maybe gray or yellow).

As soon as a new advisory comes in it will turn red again. When there are no more advisories it will be hidden.
    thats not a bad idea...........i personaly didnt like that "exclamation point" icon, mainly because you had the actual weather clouds, rain, ect. then the badge itself for the temp, throw that little exclamation point thing in, and the icon became clutterd, to much going on for me anyway

PIN/ID
    ask me
    that blinking light with the new advisory is very good idea, so far working so good trying as much settings as posible, so far no issues

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me

This idea is definitely plausable as well... We can take a vote on this...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    How about this...

New advisory : large advisory badge - temp badge customizable - berrybuzz alert ofcourse
    Existing advisory (already viewed) : small badge - temp badge customizable - no more berrybuzz badge ofcourse...

Temp badge location options working fine
    Unlinked location view changes holding steady...

So far, amazing...
    i second this suggestion!!! that can make it easy for everybody

Quote Originally Posted by gusgus413 View Post
    thats not a bad idea...........i personaly didnt like that "exclamation point" icon, mainly because you had the actual weather clouds, rain, ect. then the badge itself for the temp, throw that little exclamation point thing in, and the icon became clutterd, to much going on for me anyway
    You are using an old curve? The icon size is way smaller than on the new 4.6+ devices, that's why it may be a little cluttered.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    doesnt look that bad on my storm so i think it depends on the icons dimensions

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You are using an old curve? The icon size is way smaller than on the new 4.6+ devices, that's why it may be a little cluttered.
    I think he just made fun of my 8330!!!! lol yea i have an older curve, that makes sense though it being smaller on the newer devices. Its not a huge thing or a dealbreaker by any means for me, just throwing it out their for those of us with OLDER devices

I think he just made fun of my 8330!!!! lol yea i have an older curve, that makes sense though it being smaller on the newer devices. Its not a huge thing or a dealbreaker by any means for me, just throwing it out their for those of us with OLDER devices
    Didn't mean to hurt your feelings lol I do have one of those, too ;-) I don't know why RIM does call the 8900 curve anyway. Just leads to confusion...