Page 51 of 89 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 1331

Originally Posted by jfcooley Yep cowboy. There seems to be an error (too many threads ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

  1. #751
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Yep cowboy. There seems to be an error (too many threads or something) and an order reset (see above).
    Other than that there's a question in regards to alerts and the icon. Should it stay once read or just within the app itself or vice versa (or something to that affect)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    IMO, Once you have received the alert and read what it is, there is no reason to see it. Because if a new one is issued you may not pay attention thinking it is the same one you have already checked. Where I live the alerts can come in every 5 minutes and its pretty important to keep up with them. As far as the error I will have to see if I can create it to see whats going on.

  2. #752
    thbassman's Avatar
    thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    10,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    Seems like you can't even blink and not miss something these days.

    I've been on vacation since Friday and this app has been taking up alot of my time. It's actually been really fun. I can blame my bb addiction on testing the app.

    Can I get a full time job to just test apps? I'd be the happiest employee.
    ^^Now that sounds like. Job for me!

    Thbassman
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  3. #753
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    I agree with Randy as was my original point. If it's the same advisory, the alert on the homescreen should go away after reading it. If it's the same advisory and it gets updated, or it's a new advisory, then by all means, alert us on the homescreen, but when the alert is constantly showing for the same advisory, it's kind of annoying.

  4. #754
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Guys, I haven't had a problem with my home location being reset...

    Maybe this is device specific? (I've got a bold)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    If you change your your home location to another city, move it to the 1st position and then do a batt pull does it save those changes or revert back to your previous settings.
    Twitter? My Apps List

    Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

  5. #755
    jfcooley's Avatar
    jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,479
    I guess its a matter of preference. I like to know its still (or there's something) in effect just by glancing. Around here we don't get very many alerts.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  6. #756
    Angus_413's Avatar
    Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    Seems like you can't even blink and not miss something these days.

    I've been on vacation since Friday and this app has been taking up alot of my time. It's actually been really fun. I can blame my bb addiction on testing the app.

    Can I get a full time job to just test apps? I'd be the happiest employee.

    HAHA ive been on vacation since friday as well and my wife is about to KILL me ive been messing with this app so much this week lol And im with you about jobs testing bellshares apps, this is good fun!!

  7. #757
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I guess its a matter of preference. I like to know its still (or there's something) in effect just by glancing. Around here we don't get very many alerts.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    I understand your point but in my area we go from thunderstorm watch to warning to tornado watch to warning and it can all happen within minutes so I would hate to think I was still getting a thunderstorm warning and have Dorthy and Toto knocking on my door asking if I was ready to go to OZ.

  8. #758
    jfcooley's Avatar
    jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,479
    I see your point, and am forced to agree with you.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  9. #759
    Morgase's Avatar
    Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I see your point, and am forced to agree with you.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

    That's why I had suggested that they have it animated or something like blinking when the app hasn't been read yet. Once it's been read then keep the background solid. A new alert comes in and it starts to blink again.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

    ~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

    For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

  10. #760
    Blackberryfreek's Avatar
    Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Posts
    308
    Ok, I just deleted one of my locations and then changed the order of the others. I rebooted my BB and the deleted location is back and they all returned to the previous order. Sounds like it never saves the last settings as far as locations are concerned.

    I have an 8320 by the way.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  11. #761
    Angus_413's Avatar
    Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    If you change your your home location to another city, move it to the 1st position and then do a batt pull does it save those changes or revert back to your previous settings.

    ok i just tried this, and after the battery pull when i go into the app i get that stinking error threads message and it boots me out of the app to the main screen, really anoying now with this error message

  12. #762
    Morgase's Avatar
    Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    Ok, I just deleted one of my locations and then changed the order of the others. I rebooted my BB and the deleted location is back and they all returned to the previous order. Sounds like it never saves the last settings as far as locations are concerned.

    I have an 8320 by the way.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

    Did you exit out of the program completely before the battery pull?
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

    ~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

    For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

  13. #763
    moderncowboy's Avatar
    moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    7,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    That's why I had suggested that they have it animated or something like blinking when the app hasn't been read yet. Once it's been read then keep the background solid. A new alert comes in and it starts to blink again.
    I could live with an option like this too.

  14. #764
    Blackberryfreek's Avatar
    Blackberryfreek no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    Did you exit out of the program completely before the battery pull?
    Yeah I made sure to do that.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

  15. #765
    Morgase's Avatar
    Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberryfreek View Post
    Yeah I made sure to do that.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

    You were able to duplicate what happened to me last night. Cool.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

    ~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

    For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •