Page 33 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Morgase On certain themes you can see the time and temp when ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    On certain themes you can see the time and temp when you hover on the icon of the homescreen. Most of us have to go into the applcations screen to see it. I'm thinking that it depends on the theme to get it to show on the homescreen. The current theme I have is the vertical scroll, and I've tried cherri's self centered one, do not have application descriptions when you are on the icon.

We've all made the suggestion like you to have the temp show physically ON the icon. That would make this perfect.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Thanks for the explaination, sorry Rog had to get ready for work!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Ok so nobody has heard since we made the walls RQ? Is that right?

Thbassman

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey red.
    Thanks az, red. Unusual for so many clear days here. Think the weather know I'm playing with this app.

I was pleased last night with the battery issue. I know others hadn't seen any issues, but was 100% sure weather was the culprit sunday/monday. Last night the app updated (was in a truck that allowed sig to get through). Later when I switched it didn't seem to keep trying after failing. Just waited till next interval.

Was a big fan of WB direct, tried all the other apps and always went back. The biggest issue was alerts. Now this doesn't have them, butr winter is pretty much done here, I think I'll risk it. If they don't add alerts though I'll go back to WB.

If I were reviewing this I'd give current version a 7 (no alerts, homescreen updating issue). Add alerts, berrybuzz notification and get temp on the icon and it be near perfect.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I agree its up there and the home screen issues as well as walls and making it work with berrybuzz and adding alerts I think would make it perfect 10!
    If alerts not available, an option for radar viewing would be a nice substitute!

Thbassman

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I have a question for other users. Its been clear here since they've started this beta, so the only icons I've seen are just a sun and moon. Are there others? Is there a cloudy or rain or whatever other condition there could be?
    Yes there are icons for the others. I've seen partly cloudy, rain, fog. There's been a mixture of weather in Cali the last few days.

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi,

Late to the party, I know. This is one of the nicest looking interfaces I've seen--thanks for including me in the beta.

I noticed I cannot select a background image with the firewall enabled--I get the "inside and outside the firewall" message. Not a big deal but thought I would mention it. I keep the firewall enabled to eliminate the access question when using Opera Mini.

I assume there are no keyboard shortcuts for SureType devivces. Is that correct?

Is there some way to get more text on the display? For example, in the Full Daily View, I see "Today" and "Tomorrow", then "Thursda..." with most headings cut off. Each line is cut off also with things like "Light Rai..." and "Chance Li...." Perhaps a different layout for the Pearl's 240 x 260 screen. The icon takes up a lot of room and the text starts about one-third of the way across the screen, not leaving much room. I like the icons, but maybe make them just a smaller with taller, thinner text (or a selectable font, not just sizes).

If I switch away from the Widget theme I can see more text as the Widget theme doesn't use the entire screen width. Maybe the text can be positioned below the icons in the Widget theme.

I'm with the others in that I would like to see the temperature on the home screen icon.

Great work!

Nevermind, missed part of post.

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Just uploaded a new update. Change log as always in the first post.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

Cool. Getting.

pfluger no está en línea Developer
    Bad news on the homescreen icon update issue. It seems to be a known problem confirmed by RIM. On most themes (especially the stock ones) an update to the homescreen icon/title does not propagate to the icon on the shortcut screen (the one with only 6 or 8 icons).

Only Switching out of this screen and switching back will update it. Locking/unlocking the screen or resuming from standby should update it, too.

The problem seems to exist in all OS versions up to 4.7.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

Temp on icon!? Sold. Rebooting. Thanks for listening. (Assuming I read correctly)

Excellent! I like how its been done. Again, way cool. Up my score to 8.5.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-24-2009 at 02:08 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    My only issue is the frequency of updates.
    Current time: 12:37
    Updated 28 minutes ago
    conditions observed at 10:47(amost 2 hours ago)

then 2 minutes later
    Current time: 12:39
    Just Updated
    Conditions observed at 11:47(almost one hour ago)

How come when it updated @ 12:09 it did not update to conditions observed at 11:47? It still showed conditions from 10:47 until the next update.

I understand that the weather stations may only update every hour but don't understand why the update of the app from 12:09 did not reflect the updated conditions from 25 minutes earlier. It took another 30 minutes for the app to get the conditions and by then they were almost an hour old.

Is this because your servers are not polling for updates often enough from your weather source?
    Bumping this for an answer

Quote Originally Posted by pfluger View Post
    Just uploaded a new update. Change log as always in the first post.
    Thanks, updating now
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3
    i went back to the previous link on my email to see if the new update is there.. but no update.. is there another location to grab these? please pm me =)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rand0m View Post
    i went back to the previous link on my email to see if the new update is there.. but no update.. is there another location to grab these? please pm me =)
    After you click the link to go to the download page, refresh before you click the download button. That should give you the new version
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Got mine through the email. Maybe give it another try.