Page 24 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

I can't keep up with all the upgrades - every time I check there's another ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I can't keep up with all the upgrades - every time I check there's another one. Things ARE improving though. I guess I'll just check every day for a while...and, Roger, when you finally get the DL you won't have to go through all the past errors, etc.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    ^^^ LOL! Yeah, that is one good thing about having to wait! Been enjoying reading the thread, though!

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    well, im running the latest... and dont seem to be running into any problems... love the move feature... messed with it enough to make sure it was stable...

all else is definitely good so far... updates are smooth... very nominal battery drain... no resource hogging... lovin it...

i can honestly say that this app is in a completely different league from my previous weather app... (notice how i refer to it as my PREVIOUS app already... lol...)
    i see RED...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    With you red. WB direct is gone. Battery seems good, will be watching it tonight though just to be sure.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    OK, seems to be working smoothly as far as settings are saved, bug with changing themes requiring 2 saves is gone. It even saved my background image when I upgraded to this last version, nice

My only issue is the frequency of updates.
    Current time: 12:37
    Updated 28 minutes ago
    conditions observed at 10:47(amost 2 hours ago)

then 2 minutes later
    Current time: 12:39
    Just Updated
    Conditions observed at 11:47(almost one hour ago)

How come when it updated @ 12:09 it did not update to conditions observed at 11:47? It still showed conditions from 10:47 until the next update.

I understand that the weather stations may only update every hour but don't understand why the update of the app from 12:09 did not reflect the updated conditions from 25 minutes earlier. It took another 30 minutes for the app to get the conditions and by then they were almost an hour old.

Is this because your servers are not polling for updates often enough from your weather source?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yup I'm with red and jfcooley, my previous weather apps are gone. The updates have been fast and effective, and have made this app better with each one. My battery and memory are still good. I've had very little issues with this one

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I am going to download now!

I have to agree Bellshare is definitely listening and I too may be full of only bellshare apps @ this rate!It gets better each time. BBWeather is going byebye.
    My battery drain is not noticeable if @ all. I gotta go check out the moving thing now with the new update just posted!

Btw thanks dragon for the heads up about the BB menu key-not sure why that starts the info showing on home screen. I have most used apps on my home by design so I don't open the full list of app icons every time. Just a suggestion bellshare, not sure why that makes the info come up where the words are, but that to me seems like another big to be fixed. Just a bit annoying to myself, dunno about everyone else??

Time to get the new one and I will post back after trying it out!

Thanks again for the chance bellshare!

Thbassman

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i have to agree. this app is definatly worth it. i really havent had many issues overall dispite the updating issue. Well done!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Is it too late to be a tester? I sent an email and I haven't heard anything back yet .
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I will be keeping my WB for now but this will be there with it and as soon as the alerts are there WB will go bye-bye. Gotta have my alerts being in Tornado Ally.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I will be keeping my WB for now but this will be there with it and as soon as the alerts are there WB will go bye-bye. Gotta have my alerts being in Tornado Ally.
    WB rules the roost
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'm thinking the same, I need those alerts, here in vegas we never know with the air quality
    Last edited by ealvnv; 03-23-2009 at 05:25 PM.

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    WB rules the roost
    WB is nice, but the interface on this is just.. Whoa.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You know what, Randy? With 2, now 3 weather aps on my phone when the weather gets bad I want to see the radar - I go to wunderground to get it. Having lived in this part of the country and being around all the tornadoes all my life I want to SEE what's going on! What do you use to get alerts?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Updating to 0.3.67 from 0.3.60 - device is now rebooting. I'm curious to see if the phantom "weather" is still running in the background...

Will post updates after tinkering..