Page 21 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Morgase That may lead to a quick battery drain. Keep an eye ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Morgase View Post
    That may lead to a quick battery drain. Keep an eye on that. I have 10 loaded and the battery dropped one bar in the last hour.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    If these auto-updates are causing battery drain it'll be a show-stopper for me. I have it set to update every hour and I only have one location so far. I'm leaving it up today, tip-toeing in, and if it "survives" the day I'll add more tomorrow and keep checking.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    10 locations, 30 min updates... No unrealistic battery drain here...

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Okay... I've been running this program for about 24 hours now.. and it's running smoothly. The program has updated regularly every 30 minutes, hasn't much slowed down my Storm, and is quite simple to use. I've been able to toggle between themes, add walls and cities. Very nice application.

Quote Originally Posted by boxaberry View Post
    Okay... I've been running this program for about 24 hours now.. and it's running smoothly. The program has updated regularly every 30 minutes, hasn't much slowed down my Storm, and is quite simple to use. I've been able to toggle between themes, add walls and cities. Very nice application.
    How's your battery holding up, Box? Has the phone literally been ON for 24 hours?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I was also having some issues that reddragon didn't have. My drain could also be the fact that all my posts are through my bb. I've got 10 cities loaded and set to update every hour now. I'm going to see how it does. I'm hoping that its just the phone usage with the 30 min updates. I did a lot of playing around with the weather app yesterday.

Looks like a great product to me.
    Last edited by Morgase; 03-23-2009 at 12:25 PM.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    It is working better since the update, the auto update is still not working right, and still having issues getting it to display time n temp n conditions on home screen like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    It is working better since the update, the auto update is still not working right, and still having issues getting it to display time n temp n conditions on home screen like it should.
    Is there some selection to make in settings to make this happen or should it just do that?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    time and temp and condition is an option under "settings" , "homescreen icon" and make your selection...

so far here's what it does for me, it will not update unless i hit the bbkey to enter my app menu and then exit out... thats when it updates...

other than that... update intervals are working just fine... the homescreen display is giving a proper temperature and a time accurate to the observation time...

mostly seems to be working quite well now...
    i see RED...

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    time and temp and condition is an option under "settings" , "homescreen icon" and make your selection...

s............................
    One of the 1st things I set on this ap was that "temp+condition+time" setting and it's not changed a thing on my home screen - I guess I've got that problem too. All I get it a sunny or cloudy icon - that's it.

PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    How's your battery holding up, Box? Has the phone literally been ON for 24 hours?
    My battery drain has maybe increased 5% - my phone has been on battery support for roughly < 18 of those hours, and > 6 hours in the charger.

When I installed this program, my battery life was at about 60%. A bit of tinkering, browsing and texting later (about 2 hours of continuous use) and the battery was at roughly 40%.

I didn't put my phone into the charger until about 1:30AM/EST and discharged it at around 7:00AM/EST.

It is now 12:00PM/EST, I haven't much used my phone and my battery is at 95%

(Thanks goes to StormStat for battery percentile)

PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    One of the 1st things I set on this ap was that "temp+condition+time" setting and it's not changed a thing on my home screen - I guess I've got that problem too. All I get it a sunny or cloudy icon - that's it.
    You need to have a city set as your home location. If it shows the icon, once hovered over (or selected) the text should show you the temperature, rather than "BWeather"

PIN/ID
    ask me
    John, the icon itself will not give you temperature... If you're in the app menu when you scroll over it, you'll see the temp and time infon in the icon info panel (which is usually at the bottom)...

If you're on the home screen and your theme supports it, you will once again see the info in the info text panel, not the icon itself...

If your settings aren't updating, you may want to exit the app and restart it for them to get registered, although the last beta release should have fixed that...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well mine seems to have righted itself with the update last night. Seems to display right temp on home screen (no longer 63 at least). Concerned aboyt battery drain I saw last night.
    My guess is that it got stuck trying to update. Other apps that I've got won't kill it like that though, and they weren't on last night anyway.
    No doubt it was this. I had device charging up until I went in.

Going to keep eye on it tonight. I hate to day it but that could be a deal breaker. I have no way to charge while @ work. Still don't like to turn phone off, just in case. Guess that's my fault.

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by svt cobra View Post
    set your auto update to the smallest setting which is 30 mins.

Everyday is a bad day to quit smoking!
    lol
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Don't quit smoking... I'm smokin one right now...