Page 1 of 89 123456 ... LastLast

We are currently starting a private beta for our new weather application BerryWeather. The beta ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

pfluger no está en línea Developer

Arrow Private Beta for new Weather Application by Bellshare (instango, BerryBuzz)

Advertisement

We are currently starting a private beta for our new weather application BerryWeather.

The beta has been closed. We are not accepting any more requests.

Post bug reports and any feedback in this thread.

The 10 most active testers will receive a free copy of the application after testing finishes.

Update to version 1.0.8 Release Candidate 2 (03-27-2009 14:52:00 EST)
    - Fixed rollover icon on homescreen not being correctly restored on exit
    - Added prompt on exit
    - Added shortcut using backspace key to delete location
    - Fixed update of homescreen icon on deleting location

Update to version 1.0.3 Release Candidate 1 (03-27-2009 4:26:00 EST)
    This version will clear all locations and reset into 3-day trial mode. The beta activation keys will not work.
    - Locations with no or invalid data for current conditions will be shown as "No data available" instead of showing invalid data
    - Locations are automatically updated when units are changed in settings

Update to version 0.4.14 (03-26-2009 21:20:00 EST)
    - Fixed bug where reordering of locations does not persist during restarts
    - All forecasts will update when one forecast is due. This will resync updates and minimize battery usage
    - Added option to have advisory notifications only for the home location
    - Stripped all debug information in preparation for release candidate

Update to version 0.4.4 (03-26-2009 3:48:00 EST)
    After installing all locations will be lost and have to be re-added
    - Enhanced customization of color/position for temperature badge on homescreen icon
    - Added option to unlink view selection
    - Added weather advisory notifications (in BlackBerry profiles and custom LED color through BerryBuzz)
    - Red alert bar on widgets will only be shown until acknowledged. Advisory badge on homescreen icon will be shown in red while advisory is not acknowledged, gray as long as advisories in effect. Small icon in current conditions icon will be shown while advisory is in effect.
    - Updated icon/logo
    - Added support for moving locations on touchscreen devices
    - Fix for tooManyThreads exception
    - Optimized traffic consumption (the same forecast/advisory will never be downloaded twice, checking for it only takes a few 100 bytes)

Update to version 0.3.84 (03-25-2009 2:16:00 EST)
    After installing all locations will be lost and have to be re-added
    - Added option to select color for temperature badge on homescreen icon
    - Initial implementation of weather advisories (we wanted to make that available for testing asap. There are still some things missing, i.e. sound alerts, BerryBuzz support etc)
    We have decided to use polling machnism for the advisories until RIM finally comes out with their push support for developers. Please report about battery usages especially when setting the advisory update interval to low values.

Update to version 0.3.77 (03-24-2009 12:50 EST)
    - Support for adding a badge on the homescreen icon showing the current temperature
    - The background image will no longer be reset on a theme change

Update to version 0.3.67 (03-23-2009 2:00:00 EST)
    - Support for moving locations around, select 'Move Location' from menu or press m. (Not working on touchscreen devices yet)
    - Added some animation when removing a panel
    - Added checking for duplicate locations when adding a new location

Update to version 0.3.60 (03-23-2009 3:58:00 EST)
    - Hopefully final fix to connection error that forces switching BIS/TCP-IP to solve
    - Fixed location being removed when remove dialog is being shown
    - Fixed location widget half visible after location has been removed
    - More verbose error messages on connection error
    - Home icon setting should now apply right after settings are changed (not just after update/exit)
    - Fixed alignment of large temperatures to avoid cut off (temperature is now right aligned below icon instead of being center aligned, not sure whether it will stay like this)

Update to version 0.3.56 (03-23-2009 1:04:00 EST)
    - Will now also find cities when postfixed by state or country (i.e. 'New York, NY'). City only is still preferred though (i.e. 'New York') and will return better results
    - Settings are now saved even without having to 'Exit' BerryWeather
    - Fixed enforcing limit of 10 locations
    - Fixed second icon 'weather' showing in application switcher that would crash the phone when clicked
    - Changed namings of times, added 'Observed' to time of conditions observed to make it clearer
    - Changed 'Updating' indicator to show when update failed
    - Fixed bug where connection always failed unless BIS/Direct TCP/IP had been toggled in settings at least once

Update to version 0.3.45 (03-22-2009 2:52:00 EST)
    - Fixes a bug that could lead to a java exception when loading images
    - Added update every 30 minutes and 24 hours to settings

Update to version 0.3.42 (03-22-2009 2:17:00 EST)
    - Changed prompt in 'Add Location' dialog to be more specific what to enter
    - Default to Fahrenheit after installation

Tips & Hints
    - To quickly switch to the next/previous visibile location either move the trackball right/left or press the n or space or p key. To go to the last location press the b key, to go to the first location, press the t key
    - In case you have 'Dialog from Homescreen' turned off you can quickly open BerryWeather by pressing the w key from your Homescreen.
    - You can switch the current view by pressing the enter key or clicking the trackball. You can limit the available views for this function in the settings.
    - When showing hourly forecasts you can quickly switch between absolute times and relative times by pressing the v key.
    - You can change the appearance in the settings by setting a different theme.
    - Select 'Set Home' from the menu to make the currently visible location your home location. The home location will be shown on the BlackBerry homescreen.
    - You can manually update the visible forecast by pressing the r key

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pfluger; 03-27-2009 at 03:54 PM.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com
    Follow us on Twitter for updates, news and promotions @bellshare

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It can't find my city, the major city next to mine or even Phoenix which is the state capitol and the 5th largest city in the country.

Is this for US users?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Can we change this to degress Farenheit insted of celcius?

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    Looks like you can click on menu/settings/ and change units from metric to english
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

But really, about the location, first I entered my ZIP, no info found, then I try just AZ and it says no location found, then I tried Arizona and it pulled up Arizona City which is tiny, population less than 10,000 people. Then I tried AZ, USA no location found. Fnally I chose another ZIP code for my city and it found it. There seems to be some issues here with searching the data base

OK, I may have read the input requirements incorrectly, tried zip and it didn;t work, then tried just city and just state, but it does say city,state or zip indicating it needs city and state, or ZIP.....it's late, Im tired
    Last edited by azstar; 03-22-2009 at 02:42 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Quote Originally Posted by kkwus74 View Post
    You can change the units to Fahrenheit in the settings (Units: 'English'). This beta defaults to metric units. We will be changing that for future versions.
    instango, BerryBuzz, BerryWeather, BerryPopup, SmartAlerts - Get our apps at m.bellshare.com

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    But really, about the location, first I entered my ZIP, no info found, then I try just AZ and it says no location found, then I tried Arizona and it pulled up Arizona City which is tiny, population less than 10,000 people. Then I tried AZ, USA no location found. Fnally I chose another ZIP code for my city and it found it. There seems to be some issues here with searching the data base

OK, I may have read the input requirements incorrectly, tried zip and it didn;t work, then tried just city and just state, but it does say city,state or zip indicating it needs city and state, or ZIP.....it's late, Im tired
    I tried searching 'Phoenix' and it showed 4 results including Phoenix, AZ. What exactly did you enter and what cities did you try to search? What are the ZIP codes you entered?
    It expects either a city or a zip code. The prompt for 'city, state' seems to be actually wrong. I can confirm that when entering city, state it will not find anything.

I just tried phoenix again and it found 4 also, I did a battery pull since the first time I tried, maybe that helped
    Twitter? My Apps List

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Okay, I'm located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - and I can't seem to find my city at all.. I've also got family in Houston, which it can't find, Katy, or Lebanon... I'm going to keep poking at it... Since AZ did a battery pull, I may do the same and see if that helps it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by boxaberry View Post
    Okay, I'm located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - and I can't seem to find my city at all.. I've also got family in Houston, which it can't find, Katy, or Lebanon... I'm going to keep poking at it... Since AZ did a battery pull, I may do the same and see if that helps it at all.
    Try searching for 'Ottawa', 'Houston', 'Katy' etc. It seems to have problems when you give too much information. The prompt for City, State is wrong. Enter city only.

I'm glad it wasn't just me, pfluger was starting to think I'm a nutcase
    Twitter? My Apps List

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    So we cannot see units in english am I right?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Not yet...

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ok i havent had any problems so far. I really like the breakdown of how you can view it like Today, Today w/daily ect. i really like how you can change the background image to kinda personalize it, and i love how it shows the temp on the icon kinda how weathereye does. This may be my new weather app, so far so good BellShare, thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    So we cannot see units in english am I right?
    Open the menu and select 'Settings'. You can then change units to 'English'. You will have to update all forecasts.
    We just uploaded a minor update that will default new installations to Fahrenheit and changes the 'Add Location' prompt to be more specific.

Page 1 of 89 123456 ... LastLast