Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by waldog It needs a all time protect option. That way it protects ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by waldog View Post
    It needs a all time protect option. That way it protects the app/msg after it's closed.
    i agree, or even if it just auto enables once the whole phone goes to sleep and or it is locked....because if i don't go back and enable it before setting my phone down or something, then it kind of defetes the purpose.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    ealvnv, what were you in before you opened the lock app and did enable protection ? did you close it or alt escape out of it? because i went to it after the install which it took me back to messages which should have been locked, so it seemed like it locked everything... try alt escape and test the programs again.

The auto protect would be nice, in certain situations. such as if you go to bed for the night... but if you lay down beside you, then everytime it times out and you get a new message you will have to put your pass in again all the time, which is what the program is trying to get away from .
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Quote Originally Posted by SGZrazberry View Post
    Frankson..I believe the reasoning behind the all apps unlocked thing is that in theory once unlocked, the owner is the one on the phone. On another note...once I have enabled protection and go to select email or the pinstack shortcut, I am able to see the list of emails for a brief moment before the lock comes up. It is the same for both apps. I am running 247 on a Bold 9000.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Thanks for the explantion, makes sense. I guess then all it needs is an auto lock feature.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Ok played around some more, and noticed something, but not sure you can fix it or if we have to take care of it on our end by locking both.

Facebook, doesnt show up in app selection within your program so its default locked ? however I dont have messages locked, I want facebook locked but I have message integration turned on, and the facebook messages that show up in the messages are not locked. So its not locking all things facebook.

I can also click on an uploaded pic in facebook that shows up in my messages and it will let you in to the full facebook app, so the only thing it locks is the app icon. Except it did lock facebook when i was in messages, and click menu, and select facebook, it will ask me if I was wall, poke, or message and when i select one of these it does bring up the lock prompt

Another work around, problem, is I have media protected, however if I go into messages and compose an MMS message I can browse pictures and if i go to add audio, it brings up my 3 folders which one of them i had in folder protection, but it lets me select the folder (even though it is greyed out) and i can even play the song.
    Last edited by rashard; 06-09-2009 at 03:37 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    In the options for AppLock - where it states Protect SMS - everytime I try to access this field I get the message Not yet enabled. But in the Protect Apps field I have both Messages and Empower SMS Viewer unchecked.

My SMS are however protected but I'm wondering if the Protect SMS is like the Protect Email where you can add individual contacts. Anyone having this issue?

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I get the same pop up for my sms. I can open my sms icon...maybe it. Isn't enabled in this build?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    ealvnv, what were you in before you opened the lock app and did enable protection ? did you close it or alt escape out of it? because i went to it after the install which it took me back to messages which should have been locked, so it seemed like it locked everything... try alt escape and test the programs again.
    I've tried your sugestion and still the same, the only way to get things to lock is enabling the problrm is that this locks everything.

Maybe is an issue due to the OS.
    If anyone else is running 5.0 let me know how to set this app up plz

hust no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3096DC78
    Where did u download this applock

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Installed, rebooted and I am having no luck on my 8330 4.5.0.160. I set it to lock browser and media and the only thing looking is my message folder. The enable button seems to do nothing.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah it seems there are alot of apps it locks because they dont show up on the list so its like locking them is the default action.

Here is my list that it locks automatically (meaning they dont show up in the program

Blackberry App world
    Opera
    Facebook
    BB mesenger (is locked but if you go in through messages it isnt
    Myspace app
    Google Maps
    Flicker uploader
    bluetooth setup
    Options
    setup wifi
    setup wizard
    search
    brickbreaker
    wordmole
    memopad
    tasks
    calculator
    Docs to go
    video camera
    Basically all apps in the bb app folder except memory cleaner.

Profiles is locked the first time you try to go to it, but not after that.

Here is the list that does show up in the program
    AddressBook
    Media
    Browser
    Calendar
    Camera
    Klondike
    Sudoku
    Texas Holdem
    Google Sync
    Pandora
    QuickPull
    Slacker Radio
    TwitterBerry
    WeatherEye
    NBC Modible
    Yellowpages.Com mobile
    and the app itself

Edit added: Also if you try to open something and it brings up the lock screen, and you click the escape or back key, It leaves all the programs running and you have to alt esc and go through and exit or close all them after you put in your password.
    Last edited by rashard; 06-09-2009 at 05:44 PM.

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    anybody else try to lock pictures and all the folders show up as /pictures all the way down the screen?
    LMAO at bj wheeler and his ex daily!
    twitter

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i put the lock on a mp3 folder. when you try to access the folder you can go into it and view files but when you try to play a mp3 you get the popup lock,then hear the mp3 playing. for one thing...if i lock a folder i don't want anyone to be able to open the folder to browse the contents.

a few things i would like to see...

1.on the apps that you lock,i would rather check the ones i wanted to lock instead of checking the ones i wanted to allow.

2.i would like to be able to open the app without typing the password.then have it ask for password before changing any settings....(ehh...maybe not on this one)

3. i would like to see a lock symbol on a file that is locked.

4. i would like to have the option to lock a file or app on close instead of having to "enable protection".

5. i would like to see "enable protection" in the native BB menu instead of having to open app,typing password then enabling protection.
    Last edited by catstide; 06-09-2009 at 06:45 PM.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    ok, so it seems that i am a little late on responding to this but this is something that I would love to have for my phone. I've missed this type of security every since i got rid of my Razr.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by hybrid1976 View Post
    ok, so it seems that i am a little late on responding to this but this is something that I would love to have for my phone. I've missed this type of security every since i got rid of my Razr.
    just hang tight.they are working on the beta and will release it as soon as they get the bugs worked out.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Schirripal no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2096c6ec
    It also would be nice if you hit the bb button and at the top it says lock apps or something to the extent

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast