Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

I know this may be a little late but I would like to join too... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ctj
    ctj no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I know this may be a little late but I would like to join too

Yidy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ad026e
    Quote Originally Posted by ani View Post
    Dear All, I know I'm really late but would like to try it on my 8900 please thanx
    While the public beta for Empower SMS Viewer goes on we are ready with our next project AppLock - an app that enables you to password protect specific applications on your BlackBerry without locking the entire device itself.

For ex, you can prevent accidental or unauthorized reading of private Emails, SMS and viewing of files, pictures, videos etc while leaving the device available to other usage like Phone or Internet Browsing.

In case you are interested
    in beta-running a pre-release app then just drop a note below. I think we will start with a small group (maybe the first 20 to reply) for pvt. beta.

Thanks,
    Ani.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    i've only been prompted once for a password on any of the apps that i've protected. i don't get an error message or anything, it just doesn't pop up.

i protected media, and it let me in the folder, then i went to play a video and it played fine. i backed out to my video list and then went to the video that was currently playing and it prompted me for the password.

i haven't been able to replicate.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    You probably checked the allowed box. Cuz that's what I did too. My thoughts on this are
    that we would be able to pick each item that we want to lock. Like I have a few apps that don't pop up on the allow screen. Also, when you go to choose which picture folders to block, they don't show names. It just says picture folder/.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Did the same as well. Locked Media card picture folder. When I went to media card, the picture folder is not there, but hit show hidden, and it re-appears.

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by aldie View Post
    i've only been prompted once for a password on any of the apps that i've protected. i don't get an error message or anything, it just doesn't pop up.
    Aldie - this is expected. The way AppLock works is this - you choose your Apps and Messages, Files etc you want to protect. Once that is done, you can enable protection anytime by clicking on 'Enable Protection' button. Now your device is protected. Any apps, messages or files that are restricted will require a password to view.

Also, just like windows (or mac) once you type a correct password on any of the protected app, it will not ask you for the password again. This is to prevent you yourself from entering the password everytime you want to use a restricted app!

Since most of the time the owner of the BlackBerry himself will be using the device, hence it makes not much sense to ask for password everytime. (Or else it may get frustating to himself!) Once you have proved your ownership by typing the password you use the device till you lock it again.

Thanks,
    Ani.

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    You probably checked the allowed box. Cuz that's what I did too. My thoughts on this are
    that we would be able to pick each item that we want to lock. Like I have a few apps that don't pop up on the allow screen. Also, when you go to choose which picture folders to block, they don't show names. It just says picture folder/.
    Hi, What are the apps that do not show up on the Allowed Apps screen? Can you name a few so that I can test it out here and look into it.

Ok, so checked boxes are the things you want to have no passwords correct?

Aldie - this is expected. The way AppLock works is this - you choose your Apps and Messages, Files etc you want to protect. Once that is done, you can enable protection anytime by clicking on 'Enable Protection' button. Now your device is protected. Any apps, messages or files that are restricted will require a password to view.
    ok, that makes sense....

Since most of the time the owner of the BlackBerry himself will be using the device, hence it makes not much sense to ask for password everytime. (Or else it may get frustating to himself!) Once you have proved your ownership by typing the password you use the device till you lock it again.
    when you say lock it again, do you mean the device it self, or by going back to the app and hitting the 'enable protection' button again??

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423
    1 thing already needed. Ability to check all or uncheck all for protection. Instead of having to check them all individually.

Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    Ok, so checked boxes are the things you want to have no passwords correct?
    yeah, that's what it looks like....i would have figured it the other way around and you check what you want to protect. i made that mistake. haha.

Ok, that's what I thought! I have everything checked but messages, but when I go to my Clock or Options, it is asking for a password.

Hi, What are the apps that do not show up on the Allowed Apps screen? Can you name a few so that I can test it out here and look into it.
    i don't see socialscope on the allowed apps screen.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I got it set up, but there are a few things going on.

1, I set up protect mp3 folder, I then went into media , went to songs, clicked on a song, and it prompted for password, which i didnt enter, i just clicked back, and it went back to the music list, but the song started playing in the background.

You have that you can protect messages, and media
    then seperately you can protect folders, or email(where you have to go in and select the emails you want to have protected, but then these still show up in messages, ?

Will check back in a bit.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    There's a few. Bb maps, google maps, appworld.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast