Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi there! I'm newbie, got my bb 8100 a week ago and I'm already having ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

fabyspears no está en línea Stack level 1

pls help me uninstalling trial software

Hi there!
    I'm newbie, got my bb 8100 a week ago and I'm already having a big problem.
    I installed through my mac a trial version of the "beamberry" software, I found out it's not working (maybe due to my IT policy, it's a BES bb) and I wanted to uninstall it.
    Problem is it doesn't appear in the software list on my bb in the advanced options menu, so I looked for the module and found 2 voices "beamberry" but clicking on them I have no "delete" choice
    If I try to uninstall it through my mac, I see the beamberry, choose to uninstall it but nothing happens except a short "flash light" on my bb.
    I even removed battery to reset it, but nothing changed.
    What's worse is that I guess this f..ing software keeps running in the background, I even found some emails waiting to be send to some beamberry servers...
    Can anyone help me?
    I cannot erase everything on my bb otherwise my company's going to kill me
    Thanks a bunch!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Blog Entries
    does it appear on your DTM ?(desk top mgr.)If so, you can uninstall there. Also, just try checking options menu to see if installed there...I had a mobile app that I installed once, I looked everywhere for it in apps, but it was right the in the main option menu.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Blog Entries
    ~via FuBerry~Did you look in the Options>Advanced>Applications menu?
    If you see it in there, scroll over the app name, press the menu button and select "delete". Hope that helps.

what do you mean by DTM?is it the suite that comes with bb?
    I have a mac and tried to uninstall it through PocketMac SyncManager which I used to install it, I actually find it but when I click uninstall just a light flash on my bb and nothing happens.
    I checked it out but it doesn't appear in the main options menu either
    I'm not even thinking of formatting 'cause it's my company propriety...
    I don't how the Rim OS works, but any other way to uninstall things, for example browsing folders and deleting the beamberry folder?!Just putting it there...

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    ~via FuBerry~Did you look in the Options>Advanced>Applications menu?
    If you see it in there, scroll over the app name, press the menu button and select "delete". Hope that helps.
    "it doesn't appear in the software list on my bb in the advanced options menu"

That was the first thing I thought till I read this...

@ latufu
    Thanks but it doesn't appear in the Options>Advanced>Applications menu unfortunately, and I don't have any "delete" options not even in the modules menu

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    LaTuFu's advice should work, if for some reason it doesn't you could use JLCmder to erase the modules. Let us know if you need the link for it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

you telling me I may erase it with this software? I can try it...is it easy to do? :-)
    Can you guys tell me where I can get it OTA? thanks for your support!!

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabyspears View Post
    what do you mean by DTM?is it the suite that comes with bb?
    I have a mac and tried to uninstall it through PocketMac SyncManager which I used to install it, I actually find it but when I click uninstall just a light flash on my bb and nothing happens.
    I checked it out but it doesn't appear in the main options menu either
    I'm not even thinking of formatting 'cause it's my company propriety...
    I don't how the Rim OS works, but any other way to uninstall things, for example browsing folders and deleting the beamberry folder?!Just putting it there...

DTM(desk top manager...as I quote) Sorry if any confusion on my part...Yes, it is the disk software that comes w/ the device. The DTM allows install and uninstall of apps, media, file x-fer, etc., I apologize, I am not familiar w/Mac software and how DTM works w/ Mac software.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabyspears View Post
    you telling me I may erase it with this software? I can try it...is it easy to do? :-)
    Can you guys tell me where I can get it OTA? thanks for your support!!
    JL_Cmder can't be used or installed OTA, it has to be via computer and USB....

EDIT: Wait......I don't know anything about Mac.....but I don't think JL_Cmder will work with it.....maybe a Mac expert can help you here....sorry if I mislead you......the Mac part just kicked into my brain......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Blog Entries
    ~via FuBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~ You shouldn't need to reformat. Go to the Options menu on your phone. Select the Advanced option. Then select the Applications menu. You should see the Beamberry app in that list. Click the menu button and choose delete and you should be good to go.

PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Blog Entries
    ~via FuBerry (wap.pinstack.com)~ sorry, I'm mobile so I'm trying to keep up. Jl_cmdr and DM won't work with a Mac. You'll need access to a PC. Its strange that it doesn't show up in the Apps menu. I'm wondering if your IT policy is affecting that.

PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    LaTuFu's advice should work, if for some reason it doesn't you could use JLCmder to erase the modules. Let us know if you need the link for it.

Please forgive me...as poster had replied; "it doesn't appear in the software list on my bb in the advanced options menu"....she had already tried that method. Just wanted to help solve the issue...Thanks & thanks for your help!

pip11 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've had the same problem. It seems some software installed through pocketmac is basically impossible to uninstall. I ended up using the desktop manager on a PC and it removed it in addition to many other apps I didn't want to delete, but it was better than wiping it all together. I've been meaning to try JLCmder. I think it would probably work. So if you can get access to a PC go with that

Guys I tried to uninstall it through DTM but Beamberry doesn't appear among the applications I can choose to be uninstalled, should I try JLCmder? where can I download it? Once I've installed it, what am I supposed to do? Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast