My corporation locks down everything. I can only sync my contacts with Lotus Notes and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

hpolack no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Please Help!!! I need a separate program for contacts

Advertisement

My corporation locks down everything. I can only sync my contacts with Lotus Notes and I keep all of my contacts on Outlook. I am kind of stuck if I want to keep everything in sync. I can of course convert from outlook to notes using a coma delimited export and import, but that won't let me stay current.

I was a Treo 650 user and had used Beyond Contacts, so I could keep my work separate from home calendar, notes, and contacts.

Sooo, does anyone know of an application I can at least sync my outlook to on my phone and use it to dial out from. I know it won't interface with my speech dialer on the Pearl, but at least I will have all of my contact information.

Thanks!

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Please Help!!! I need a separate program for contacts

One possible solution - use SyncML for your contacts only, and store them on a SyncML server. To save me typing I'm going to link to one of my posts on BBF:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...tml#post422050

I'm assuming, of course, that your company will at least allow you to install this software on your BB, and they allow "normal" internet communciations to take place.

The only deviation you should make is to *not* configure the calendar/tasks if you don't want to screw with your Lotus Notes sync that's doing it's thing.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello hpolack, welcome to pinstack.

Is it your wireless sycn is only available with Lotus? What if you use the desktop manager and sycn with Outlook, or have they blocked that too?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

hpolack, Welcome to PinStack.

I really don't understand, if you company uses lotus notes, why do you use Outlook? Are you talking about on a personal PC?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do

to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

hpolack no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for such quick responses. The contacts are my personal contacts and much easier to keep them up to date at home on my Outlook with the emails I recieve. Either way I need to keep both current.

They locked my sync to be wireless only and only with notes. I did find a reason for them to unlock sync control so I could sync locally to my notes via hardwire, but they prevent me from loading Outlook to my Laptop.

mwrave no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can't sync it with SyncML... Mobical.net...
    can anybody help me?
    Thanks!