I just got Piconews on my 7290 and can't seem to get the forward as ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

piblondin no está en línea Stack level 1

Piconews Can't Forward Articles as Email?

Advertisement

I just got Piconews on my 7290 and can't seem to get the forward as mail function to work. I think this would be one of the most valuable functions since I probably will want to read articles on my laptop or send them friends instead of reading them on the BB.

Anyhow, I first got an error when messages failed to send that was something like "Unable to locate the user info in the database." I think this was because Piconews was trying to use the web client for sending messages, even though I had set the default message service to the one I want to use. I don't believe T-Mobile offers this, anyway. I then deleted the web client service book from my handheld. Now when I try to forward articles via email using Piconews, it tries to use an "Unknown" message service and fails. How do I get it to send properly using the message service I've selected under Options --> Advanced Options --> Message Services?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Pierre

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Piconews Can't Forward Articles as Email?

Hello piblondin, welcome to pinstack. I dont have piconews anymore, but I do remember the default was the BB email address. Im not sure if there is a way to change it.

If you send it using the BB email address does it go through?

For whatever reason, it initially defaulted to the web client. When I deleted the web client, it didn't default to anything, so I was still unable to send. If I could get to use my Blackberry's address, that would be great.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I already tried resending the service books, including the one for the web client, to my device. No luck.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I went into the message services and had my default account set up as my work email address and that's the account that's used for my emails in pico news when I forward as mail. I've never had any issues with pico news.

Did you go in again and change the default email address to the email addy you want to appear when you forward mail with pico news?

I did that and it worked for me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Go to messages folder, then options, then message services. Click track wheel and select the email account you want to use.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've done this, as mentioned in my original post. However, Piconews is still trying to use "Unknown Service" to send mail.

Quote Originally Posted by piblondin
    I've done this, as mentioned in my original post. However, Piconews is still trying to use "Unknown Service" to send mail.
    The options that I mentioned are under the messages envelope where you receive your emails.

Have you tried uninstalling pico news and then restart your bb. Then go back and reinstall pico news again and see if that helps you.

If you're still having trouble and our solutions haven't helped you. You can email the makers of pico news for support. They answer emails right away. I'm not sure how soon you would get an answer on the weekend.
    Last edited by cp6169; 01-07-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks, Philly. Your suggestion worked. Apparently, Pico is stuck with whatever message service you have selected at the time of installation, and doesn't respond to any changes that you make later....