Many BES users can't access their personal emails on corporate supplied BES account BBs or ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255

Lightbulb Personal email client for BES users

Advertisement

Many BES users can't access their personal emails on corporate supplied BES account BBs or can they? If they can't, and especially if their device has Wifi (so as not to spend corporate money), and if their employer/IT watchdog don't mind your using the device for personal emails (as long as you are not Obama, or don't make employer pay the bills, I don't see why they should mind). You have two choices - a free app (logic mail) and a paid ($ 30) perpetual license app (tiggit mail). The free one logically has a lot of limitations, while the paid one - as good as a mobile device IMAP/Email email client can be (including downloading/sending attachments and opening with docs to go). You can also simulate push email by setting up sync periods (60 seconds minimum to whatever).

The "tiggit tunnel" connection (within the email settings) can be used if tiggit fails to connect through BES (if not using Wifi).

Try both. Tiggit strongly recommends that you try before purchasing (7 days full trial available). Both can be downloaded OTA from their respective sites.

I loaded it on a friend's BES enabled Bold - works great for his personal email, including Gmail and hotmail/live and one yahoo small business (pop3) account. I have one BIS account and have five BBs. One runs on BIS (keep changing) while the other four run on non BIS/BES simple data plan. Loaded tiggit on Storm - non BIS data plan (because it won't recognize another email client -shangmail, push email, which works great on non BIS/BES data plans on devices below OS 4.7 - and, LogicMail is a bit clumsy on Storm). I am happy, and just bought the license.

This means, people who can use their BES BBs legally for personal use + others who wanna have a BB but not the account, two IMAP/POP email clients are there to help. Also, those who want real push email (without BIS/BES data plan, but with simple data plan - try Shangmail. However, although it claims to be equally good on wifi, it seems to have problems using BB wifi, but works well on non BB devices like windows mobile and nokia - wifi and/or MDS)

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I guess I am not understanding. I have BES on my curve. I also have 5 personal BIS accounts including Gmail and Yahoo.

Are people not able to get BIS on some BES blackberrys? Is it a server by server restriction?
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by curve247 View Post
    I guess I am not understanding. I have BES on my curve. I also have 5 personal BIS accounts including Gmail and Yahoo.

Are people not able to get BIS on some BES blackberrys? Is it a server by server restriction?
    Yes. Not everybody on BES is lucky to have access to personal email via their BB
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Ah I See!

Well then thanks for the info. I am sure this will help alot of people out.

Good finds!
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

BBlifer09 no está en línea Stack level 1

3RD Party BES Service

Hey all,
    Im a BES newbie with my new BlackBerry Flip, I signed up with CityNet ComPuting about 2 months ago and love there 9.99 BES service and have had no issues at all, im debating upgrading to the higher plan with them and wanna know if anyone else on here is using them or have used them after the company merger. I read some past threads about there service but it seems with the new owners the service rocks. Any input is appreciated!
    thanks.