I don't know much about it. But I'm hoping that this thread will draw people ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Question people using opera mini. If you want ask for help here?

Advertisement

I don't know much about it. But I'm hoping that this thread will draw people who can answer us.
    I used opera mini today for the first time and just using it for some hours gave me a headache. I love the way the pages are displayed though. It felt weird going back to BB browser.
    After 4 or 5 pages it stops responding, freezes my phone and I have to do a battery pull to get it back to work. Do you think it's the cache that needs to be cleared? I searched for it but found nothing. What can I do?

pedroza no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F123C7

Re: people using opera mini. If you want ask for help here?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~need help with opera mini as well. It gets to the last step of config. And then says it can't connect. I have already set the tcp to wap.voicestream.com but still no luck.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

What os do you have, when I had .64 I couldn't make it work no matter what. Now with .94 it works but not so fine

espressonaut no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Freezing

Every once in a while my 8800 freezes on the Internet browser and I have to do the same battery pull and reset. I'm use to this from working with PCs. I've also noticed, however, that when I'm sending text messages or emails if I type "a" and then space it writes "on on" and if I type "no" and then space it writes "pt no pot." This is 100% consistent... and very strange. Anyone?

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I have not had problems but, I only use it for sites that I need SSL for. I have played with it for a few hours one night and no problems.

Haider no está en línea Stack level 3

I had problems with Opera Mini when I had the older Operating Systems but since I updated to the 4.2.1.94 Rogers OS the connectivity issues have disappeared and i can now browse as long as I want. The only thing is that I can't download any pics using OM as it redirects me to the BB Browser and I do not have a BBData plan.
    my advice to you guys would be to get the latest OS as soon as you possibly can to get the best of the Opera Mini experience!

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by espressonaut
    Every once in a while my 8800 freezes on the Internet browser and I have to do the same battery pull and reset. I'm use to this from working with PCs. I've also noticed, however, that when I'm sending text messages or emails if I type "a" and then space it writes "on on" and if I type "no" and then space it writes "pt no pot." This is 100% consistent... and very strange. Anyone?
    It's set in your auto text that way. Just go in and delete it out.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Freezing

Quote Originally Posted by espressonaut
    As for your problem with the autotype, go into your autotext and delete the entries that correspond with your problem.

Zo.

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by gkg3059
    I don't know much about it. But I'm hoping that this thread will draw people who can answer us.
    I used opera mini today for the first time and just using it for some hours gave me a headache. I love the way the pages are displayed though. It felt weird going back to BB browser.
    After 4 or 5 pages it stops responding, freezes my phone and I have to do a battery pull to get it back to work. Do you think it's the cache that needs to be cleared? I searched for it but found nothing. What can I do?
    Go into Opera help, about, and scroll down, & you'll see where to clear the cache. If your phone is freezing that much, make sure you power it off at LEAST once a day, and also a reboot doesn't hurt. Keep your log files empty ( alt-lg-lg) and any 3rd party apps you aren't using, be sure to close them out by pressing the close key, not the end (red phone) key.

pedroza no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F123C7

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my os is .64. Should I upgrade and if so can I do it via BB with an ota. I'm not sure opera mini is worth all the hassle. All my other apps work fine with my current os.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    It's set in your auto text that way. Just go in and delete it out.
    Actually, if autotext changes "a" to "on on" then the input language was changed at some point (hitting alt-enter will bring up the input language selection window). Change it back to English.

Quote Originally Posted by pedroza
    my os is .64. Should I upgrade and if so can I do it via BB with an ota.
    Nope. OTA OS updates aren't possible except on the 8300 currently.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-15-2007 at 04:19 PM.

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Actually, if autotext changes "a" to "on on" then the input language was changed at some point (hitting alt-enter will bring up the input language selection window). Change it back to English.

Nope. Sounds like an auto text setting, not a language setting. He says when he types certain words, it always changes it to whatever. That's auto text. Specified vs smart case, not a language setting.

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroza
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my os is .64. Should I upgrade and if so can I do it via BB with an ota. I'm not sure opera mini is worth all the hassle. All my other apps work fine with my current os.
    Unfortunately, you can't upgrade OTA. Has to be done using desktop manager. And Opera is very handy for viewing certain sites, especially myspace. Give it a try. You'll discover that pages you can't currently view with the bb browser open just fine with opera.

amandarust no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447fd7b

Question pleasse help! cant get my opera mini in english!

i have read threw this thread and saw someone said to press "alt" then "enter" but it came up that it is in- catala-multitap... but wouldnt let me do anything else like change it, so i clicked out of it, and then did it again, but this time and every other time ive tried it after that it comes up with the list of lang. with the catala highlighted but then i have 2 problems after that.. 1st if i let go of "alt" then it goes away, 2nd if i keep "alt" held down and scroll to english it wont let me select it at all? and since it wont let me select english ive tried just leaving it highlighted on the english then letting go of "alt" to see if it might stay on enlish but, nope! im just so lost, please help!!
    My BB info~

T-Mobile
    Red BB Pearl 8100

OS- 4.2.1.107