As a health care professional I have long searched for a PDR for the BB ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

PDR for Blackberry!!

Advertisement

As a health care professional I have long searched for a PDR for the BB and really never found anything (unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for it) ...recently Epocrates has come out with a FREE software for us and it works great. Check it out, here's a brief description of the software.

Free mobile drug reference
    This free medical software includes continual free updates and medical news!

Save time and practice safely with continually updated drug information at your fingertips
    This free drug reference includes:
    • More than 3,300 brand and generic medications
      • Drug Dosing
      • Drug Interactions and Adverse Reactions
      • Safety/Monitoring
      • Pharmacology
      • Retail Pricing
    • Drug-drug interaction checker
    • Health insurance and Medicare Part D formularies

https://www.epocrates.com/osSelect.do?prod=rx&length=0

fisrt if you have never register with Epocrates, register on your pc and after you register and get teh download link just point your bb browser and you can donwload it OTA. Enjoy!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: PDR for Blackberry!!

~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Man, I tried to do a search before I posted it.....sorry for posting the same thing guys....

pda4ever no está en línea Stack level 1

Skyscape has more than 300 medical resources for the Blackberry. The drug databases are not free but come from trusted publishers and you have a choice : DrDrugs, A2ZDrugs, Medical Letter's Drug Interactions, and many more. It can also be downloaded OTA.
    Last edited by pda4ever; 11-19-2007 at 03:50 PM.

PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by pda4ever View Post
    [FONT=Arial]Can you add comments to these blogs : Skyscape has more than 300 medical resources for the Blackberry. The drug databases are not free but come from trusted publishers and you have a choice : DrDrugs, A2ZDrugs, Medical Letter's Drug Interactions, and many more. It can also be downloaded OTA. [/FONT]
    I never stated that there was no options, I simply said that there was no FREEWARE as such made available for BB users that's all.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne

a good alternative for bb users is the merck medicus website... they have a mobile site... http://www.merckmedicus.com/pp/us/hcp/hcp_mobile_wireless.jsp

as a med student, its free... and will be as a health care provider too, but others may want to check it out before signing up. it includes harrisons, the full merck manual (all editions), and other goodies for those of us who are medically inclined.
    I'm a born again Androider