I had Empower HTML viewer and nuTsie on my Pearl 8100. I downloaded these when ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3

Paying for Programs you already had

Advertisement

I had Empower HTML viewer and nuTsie on my Pearl 8100. I downloaded these when they were still free and even still have my Empower Key. I had to replace my Pearl for a new one and am trying to get all the programs I had on my old phone. Now, you have to pay to download nuTsie and you can only download a trial of HTML viewer before you have to pay for the real thing. Is there anyway I can get my applications that I once had without having to pay for them?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHerrera View Post
    I had Empower HTML viewer and nuTsie on my Pearl 8100. I downloaded these when they were still free and even still have my Empower Key. I had to replace my Pearl for a new one and am trying to get all the programs I had on my old phone. Now, you have to pay to download nuTsie and you can only download a trial of HTML viewer before you have to pay for the real thing. Is there anyway I can get my applications that I once had without having to pay for them?
    Contact the vendors and explain to them that you had the license - provide it in your email - and they will probably transfer you to your new device. Many of these licenses are transferable.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    sweet

csselement no está en línea Developer
    Justin,

I know for a fact that if you purchased from Handango (I bet Handmark does this too), you can login to your account and request to be re-sent any package you have previously paid for.

aliblahblah no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242B24EC
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHerrera View Post
    I don't know about nuTsie, but I first purchased Empower from Mobylo! For my 8700. The key is unique to the PIN so it did not work when I upgraded to a 8310 about 9 months ago. I contacted them through their website and they sent me a new key.

Now, however, I have upgraded the OS to 4.5, which makes Empower irrelevant because it brings in HTML automatically. It's just as well because my keys for Empower, MyAlarm and SureWipe ceased to be registered with the new OS.
    I have emailed Mobylo! Several times about my problem with MyAlarm and SureWipe, but they have never even acknowledged my emails to them. Buyer beware.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am in the same boat as JustinHerrera. My old 8100 had water damage, and I just purchased a new Pearl, exact same phone. I had Empower on my old BB - loved it - but certainly am not going to pay $29.99 for something I just purchased.

Can anybody provide me with a support email address for Empower (and maybe JiveTalk too..lol)? Thanks in advance for the help.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Empower, go here and click "write to us" at the top of the page.
    BB Smart: support@beejive.com
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by aliblahblah View Post
    Now, however, I have upgraded the OS to 4.5, which makes Empower irrelevant because it brings in HTML automatically. It's just as well because my keys for Empower, MyAlarm and SureWipe ceased to be registered with the new OS.
    I have emailed Mobylo! Several times about my problem with MyAlarm and SureWipe, but they have never even acknowledged my emails to them. Buyer beware.
    MyAlarm is free and there is no key for it, or are you talking about the Mobylo MultiAlarm? I had the Mobylo MulitAlarm and needed a new key when I switched from an 8130 to an 8330, but when I upgraded the 8330 to 4.5 I had to reregister it by entering the same reg # as before the upgrade.

The only time I needed a new reg key # was when I switched devices not when I upgraded. I also sent Mobylo several emails asking for the new key and never heard from them. But I bought the alarm through the shop here at PinStack which is run by Mobihand. I contacted Mobihand and had a new reg key within 24hrs. So if you didn't buy it directly from the developer, try contacting the store you purchased it from.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Empower, go here and click "write to us" at the top of the page.
    BB Smart: support@beejive.com
    Much appreciated!!