Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone know any good password apps to use to lock things such as photos and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Guju_King no está en línea Stack level 1

password apps?

Advertisement

anyone know any good password apps to use to lock things such as photos and videos?

snoweey no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f389df
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~not sure about the pearl but on my 8800 if I go to options>advanced options>media card anturn on encryption it gives an option to turn on security password haven't used it though.
    As far as third party apps or just locking the media program period. Can't help you there.

on the pearl 8100 there is no advanced options so I can not pssword protect it like that.

Question PASSWORD 3rd PARTY APPS!

Anyone Know Of Any 3rd Part Apps That You Can Use To Lock Things Like Photos And Videos?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Try this thread, since your profile is not updated I cannot tell you if it works on your BB, but it should work fine.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

hey thx for the reply I saw that filelock app but if you do not have a data plan on your BB how do you use the .jar and .jad files?

Download both the .jar and .jad files to your PC, transfer them to your media card (if you have one, I can't tell based on your missing profile info *hint hint), in the media app on the BB browse to the files and click menu > download and they should install.

hey
    its really not working I dont know how do use the files properly, I'm only similar with the .alx files. Do you happen to know any other apps?

No I don't actually. I only stumbled on that one not long ago. The only problem is that if the .jar or .jad is calling other files to download, then it will not work. But seeing how they only offer the two files then that is not the case.

So...
    Looking at the files I see this though. Save both files to the PC, open the .jad file in notepad, in the first line you will see this:
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: http://72.19.252.194/downloads/web/pub-5839463/7531/FileLock.jar

Edit this line so it reads this (removing the section I put in blue) and save it:
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: FileLock.jar

After saving the file override the one on the BB with the saved one, making sure that both files are in the same folder on the BB. Then do what I stated above, it should work then.

The reason is the .jad file is calling the .jar from a URL that your BB cannot access since it does not have a dataplan. By removing the URL before the .jar file name, we have told the BB to get the file from the same folder location, not the Internet. Make sense?

hey
    maybe im retarded but when I copy it to my blackberry I cant find the files. Where can i find the files on my BB? If I put it on my media card where do I put it on my media card becasue I have put it in pic and I cant find it and I put it in music and I cant find it and then I just put it on the media card itself and I still cant find it.
    sorry I kno this must be annoying

Place the files in the music folder (for easy referrence) and the open media > menu > explore > media card > BlackBerry > music > choose the .jad file and then it should ask to "download". Although it is on the card and not being "downloaded" that I believe is what it says.

Never annoying, unless your one of my kids.

wow finally i figured it out, but now its saying unable to display file /media card/filelock.jad.rem what do you think that is about?

It should work fine. I did exactly as I told you to do and it installed fine. To edit my earlier post though. First off, double check the editing I had you do earlier, make sure you did not leave any traing or leading slashes in the file name. Also, when it wants to install it will warn of a security thing about the files not being signed. Should work OK, like I said, I just did it so it will.

hey
    ya i did exactly the way you told me but its not working , maybe I downloaded the wrong version. Which version would I download for 8100 pearl?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast