Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I tried it a week ago and when I was trying to add msn to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

tsykes no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I tried it a week ago and when I was trying to add msn to the services the app locked up.

I'm still rocking gTalk with with aim and msn jabber transports! I'm gonna check out this ebuddy though.

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Google Talk with transports works fine enough and is nicely integrated with the OS, so I don't think a software that needs you to register on their site and has lots of hangs/crashes/configuration problems will ever tempt me. :P

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've not been able to get Gtalk on the BB to connect to AIM.
    Can you tell me how you did that?

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by o1sowise View Post
    I've not been able to get Gtalk on the BB to connect to AIM.
    Can you tell me how you did that?
    I sent a message to Palringo support about this. The default settings aren't there so it doesn't work right?

I'll post the solution when they reply.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    I sent a message to Palringo support about this. The default settings aren't there so it doesn't work right?

I'll post the solution when they reply.
    Thanks, but I was asking about the Gtalk app, not Palringo.
    I know this is a Palringo thread, but...

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Oh lol...

Have you tried completely removing it and reinstalling it?

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I love the design as far as the icon on the home screen and the black theme color. I didn't like the icons used for each messenger. They could have done better. This isn't my favorite app.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Yeah..palringo seems pretty unstable for me, it hangs, disconnects me in the middle of a chat, signs me out then signs me in........didn't like it!! removed it, and loving ebuddy

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I had major issues with eBuddy and I am now having a blast with Palringo..works great for me so far going on two days of use. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    I had major issues with eBuddy and I am now having a blast with Palringo..works great for me so far going on two days of use. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Did you get gmail to work?

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Funny how things work for some and not for others!! Well, glad you like it....I for one like ebuddy more , but that's MO

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    You need first to set it up on a desktop computer.
    http://www.techlifeweb.com/2006/12/h...mail-with.html

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    I try ebuddy and I must say it look like a $20 program

however it does not do popup notify nor any icon changes when you get new msg

on top I think this program just "refresh" itself every few second... not that great on battery life
    Last edited by Paian; 06-14-2008 at 06:23 AM.

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    Sorry, it's OTA at http://get.ebuddy.com/beta
    I select blackberry and nothing happens. It just refresh the same page over and over againAnd I have another problem. I have downloaded a lot of software cuz I need to be connected to MSN, but I can't connect to the server. Ive tryed webmessenger and other software and I can't get logged in. I have a Pearl 8100 and I'm from Mexico, and my phone company is Telcel. I hope somebody can help me, cuz I've had this ****in problem more than a year

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    today's press release:

PALRINGO BRINGS RICH MESSAGING SERVICE TO BLACKBERRY SMARTPHONES

Now Text, Voice, and Image Can All be Sent as Instant Messages from the BlackBerry® to Users of Many IM Services

LONDON–June 19, 2008Palringo, a messaging service that extends all the powerful functionality of PC-based IM services, including voice and picture messages, to mobile devices, has released its software client for BlackBerry® smartphones from Research In Motion (RIM). Palringo’s Rich Messaging Service is available for the BlackBerry® Pearl™, BlackBerry® Curve™ and BlackBerry® 8800 series smartphones.

BlackBerry smartphone users can now easily chat using voice and picture messages as well as traditional text. Further, they can do so with other users of many of the popular PC-based IM services—such as AOL’s AIM, Windows Live Messenger and Google Talk—through one, easy-to-use Palringo interface. Equally important, they can do so whether sitting at a computer, tapping with a smartphone or Pocket PC stylus, or using a Blackberry.

Palringo presents a user’s contacts from all services into one combined, presence-aware list, eliminating the need to continually switch between multiple IM tools. In addition, Palringo’s dynamic “vocal instant messaging” combines walkie-talkie style voice chat, the real-time text functionality of IM and the ability to share pictures, all within the context of one “threaded” discussion.
    Palringo lets the user set up an unlimited number of groups and send a voice, text, or picture message to all group members at once, a feature with obvious value for corporate as well as social use. (Think fellow employees, alumni, team players and their parents.) Neither does it limit recipients to simply those on the same wireless network. Palringo does not charge at all, unlike other wireless-carrier-supplied text messaging services that charge for each recipient and in some cases per message. While a mobile data plan or Wi-Fi access is required to use Palringo, the service’s instant messages take up very small amounts of data, minimizing costs.
    Palringo service is also available worldwide, which means discussions can incorporate users from across the globe, on any mobile network or connected PC. This makes it very attractive for multi-national corporate users or extended family use.

“As users increasingly expect to take their applications with them wherever they go, they also expect to pack them into fewer devices,” said Kerry Ritz, CEO. “By putting our rich messaging service on the BlackBerry platform, we at Palringo increase messaging reach and depth for the greatest number of users. We also reduce the number of installed applications they need to have on their mobile device or PC.”

Palringo’s Rich Messaging Service for BlackBerry smartphones is available now for free download at www.palringo.com. The service is also compatible with Windows Mobile, Symbian and Java-based clients, including devices from Nokia, Motorola, LG, Samsung, HTC and Sony Ericsson.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast