I can’t set a time in Outlook for a task to be due — only ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

TheHotCops no está en línea Stack level 1

Outlook tasks

Advertisement

I can’t set a time in Outlook for a task to be due — only a date. All my tasks show up on my BB's calendar at midnight.

How to fix this?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Tasks in Outlook are a date scheduled item, not a time scheduled item. If a task has a specific time that it is due, it would need to entered as a calendar item instead.

iceman98 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245E04E4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHotCops View Post
    I can’t set a time in Outlook for a task to be due — only a date. All my tasks show up on my BB's calendar at midnight.

How to fix this?
    Actually you can set a specific reminder time for the task. Once the task date is created, there is a reminder time located just above the body of the task. I'll send screen shots in an hour or so. FYI. This is for outlook 2003. And the default reminder time is usually set to whatever your default start of day is set to ie. 12am.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman98 View Post
    Actually you can set a specific reminder time for the task. Once the task date is created, there is a reminder time located just above the body of the task. I'll send screen shots in an hour or so. FYI. This is for outlook 2003. And the default reminder time is usually set to whatever your default start of day is set to ie. 12am.
    Correct, but this is a reminder time, not a due date time. Reminders can be set for any time before the due date which as the OP noticed is always midnight the day it's due.

iceman98 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245E04E4
    Sorry, I mis read. This is true that the due date cannot be changed from 12am on the date that the task is set for.

TheHotCops no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the quick response.

It's weird, though: My Blackberry allows me to set the time a task is due, but Outlook does not. So if I really want my tasks to be due at a particular time, then I'll just set that on my Blackberry. Hopefully this information will not be lost during synchronizing or data backup.