I currently use a fantastic bit of software for Palm and desktop called Bonsai by ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

pauln no está en línea Stack level 1

outliner/organizer software for Blackberry

Advertisement

I currently use a fantastic bit of software for Palm and desktop called Bonsai by Natara. I'm shortly to convert to a Blackberry but would like a similar application on it. Natara have no plans to support the Blackberry community. Does anybody know of a similar function outliner/organizer which has links to Outlook Todo, datebook, address book e.t.c. and has a desktop version for both Mac and PC. I know it's a lot to ask but Natara does it beautifully. If you are reading this ,Natara, how about supporting the Blackberry community?

Many thanks

Paul

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: outliner/organizer software for Blackberry

Not familiar with the app you're referring to, but I believe there's Outlook for BB.....try the downloads section, or a google search!!

Flatpik no está en línea Stack level 1

Bonsai for Blackberry

Hi Paul -

I absolutely depended on Natara Bonsai on the Palm and have found nothing at all like it for the BB. If you do, I'd sure appreciate hearing about it.

Mike
    flatpik@hotmail.com

mervynle no está en línea Stack level 1
    Check out ToDoMatrix by Rexwireless. It is on the pricy side but a fantastic task organizer and it inegrates with their online version and works with 2 way synce. My understanding is that they are working on Outlook integration. They can be found at:

http://www.rexwireless.com/

fencepost no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use ToDoMatrix and IdeaMatrix, but I'd happily pay for Bonsai on the Blackberry.

Problem is, it'd be a complete rewrite in Java for them, I'm sure the original is C++ with lots of Palm-specific stuff.

hinky no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nothing comes close to touching Bonsai unfortunately. ToDo Matrix and Idea Matrix are not only uglier, without true outlining (and apparently a lack of nested foldering) but it also doesn't have a desktop client which saves and allows you to edit too. They have a web service that will cost you as a "desktop" client. The functionality and flexibility of Bonsai as a Palm app unfortunately seems a little of a challenge to do on the Blackberry. Every bit of programming looks like it's an incredible pain on the BB...

robmcp no está en línea Stack level 1

Me too, me too.

I was searching for a replacement for Bonsai as I did 6 months ago and I find your thread. I too have written Bonsai twice about this issue. I'm not a coder so don't know how hard it would be to program this in Java. But I still carry my palm around just so I can use Bonsai. I miss a number of my palm programs, but none so much as Bonsai. Maybe we should ask Palm to make a decent phone, but maybe that's asking too much. The Blackberry is a brick!! Rob

Grim_Deeds no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been asking Natara about creating a version of Bonsai for use on a Blackberry, but issues associated with it seem more than they're interested in dealing with. And, then I cruise sites selling software for my BB and eventually leave finding nothing even close to Bonsai. Hopefully, a good outliner, with a true desktop client, appears at some point.