Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The trick only works with Powerpoint? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

Advertisement

The trick only works with Powerpoint?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Yeah its not the most desirable way to do it. But it works and you can run the premium trial again so it is kinda worth the hassel. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jjdm858 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    One problem. When I used the DM app loader to remove a couple themes it removed my updated version as unrecognized modules. After the reboot I went back to the dataviz update site and had 5 re-downloads left. They expire 10/04/08. How do I prevent it from removing it again before I run out of re-download time? Do I try and find the .cod files in the 4.5 os and delete them? Will it still see the new update as unrecognized? Any ideas??

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Exactly what happened to me to..it deleted my update version as unrecognized module..now i'm stuck without the latest version..
    The superior man is distressed by his want of ability.
    Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
    Chinese philosopher, administrator, and moralist.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    OK, now that I have had time for some quick research, I found a post suggesting to simply delete the docs to go .alx file. I did that and hooked up the BB to the DM app loader and yay, it didn't remove the files. Thanks to stacker mikedoan who suggested trying it and stacker mserica513 who tried it out and said it was succesful! That thread is here

So you don't have to read through their whole thread to find out where to find and delete the file, it can be found following this path through your computer system folders:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8xxx-v4.5.0.xx(whatever your device & os version are) and delete the DocumentsToGo.alx

Now I will try using JL_Cmder to remove all the foreign language .cods in docs to go and save some memory. This new version has cods in english, french, spanish, german, and italian......english is all I need....EDIT( I deleted the foreign language .cods from docs to go, but they must have been very small, not enough difference in memory to be worth the effort)
    Last edited by azstar; 09-28-2008 at 03:37 AM. Reason: added last bit
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3
    So i have the newest update v 4.5.0.44 and v6 of desktop manager, and this program is nowhere to be found, the website said i would get html email as well and i still dont.

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is anybody else having trouble opening Office 2007 files ? It won't let me for some reason

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    OK, now that I have had time for some quick research, I found a post suggesting to simply delete the docs to go .alx file. I did that and hooked up the BB to the DM app loader and yay, it didn't remove the files. Thanks to stacker mikedoan who suggested trying it and stacker mserica513 who tried it out and said it was succesful! That thread is here

So you don't have to read through their whole thread to find out where to find and delete the file, it can be found following this path through your computer system folders:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8xxx-v4.5.0.xx(whatever your device & os version are) and delete the DocumentsToGo.alx

Now I will try using JL_Cmder to remove all the foreign language .cods in docs to go and save some memory. This new version has cods in english, french, spanish, german, and italian......english is all I need....EDIT( I deleted the foreign language .cods from docs to go, but they must have been very small, not enough difference in memory to be worth the effort)
    I been using this method when upgrading OS's and it works great. By deleting the docs2go ALX it treats it as a third party app. thus backing it up like any other 3rd party apps. I also deleted slides to go since I don't use it. I deleted the modules by going to options-adv. options-applications- using the application button pulling up the modules. You can delete any part of docs2go that you don't use.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Yup, deleting the modules right from the BB works great. I'm just trying to get more comfortable with the javaloader command prompts, wierd but I'm enjoying learning how to use it..........I know....you can say it.......get a life geek
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks for finding this azstar! A lot better than the method I had to use

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12