Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you're running OS 4.5, you know it comes with Documents To Go Standard Edition. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Thumbs up OS 4.5's Documents to Go SE Update adds Sheets to Go!

Advertisement

If you're running OS 4.5, you know it comes with Documents To Go Standard Edition. This gives you a MS Word and PowerPoint viewer / editor that are missing many features of the Standard or Premium editions (the significant one is that the applications can't create new documents, but it can edit existing blank files....), but a great addition to your BlackBerry!

Version 1.0 comes with OS 4.5, but there is an update to version 1.002.016 which adds Sheet to Go to the suite! This is an Excel Spreadsheet compatible editor.

You have to register the version you have first. Open Word to Go (or Slideshow To Go), hit [Menu] and select Register. Once registered, go into either application and hit [Menu] --> Check for Updates.

It will open your Browser to an OTA installation page, and once you download the update (reboot required), Sheet to Go will be in the Documents To Go folder.

Remember, this is for OS 4.5 and higher only that already have Documents to Go SE installed and registered!

p.s. Regarding the blank document trick, a "blank" PowerPoint document must have at least one slide. If you have any PowerPoint Templates, simply copy them and rename them from .POT to .PPT.
    Last edited by jdellasala; 09-26-2008 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Added PowerPoint note
    JerryD

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks. This is a handy piece of information that most users will be glad to have.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks JerryD......didn't realize the update would give me sheets to go, I had done a previous update that didn't. And great tip about the blank documents for editing. That's the perfect easy way to get around the inability to create new documents, just load a few blank docs. I admit I probably never would have thought about that!!!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

skanarkia no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24594A12
    thats been there for a while now but thank u
    sheets to go is a great adition!
    Is Only Me And My BlackBerry....

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Good looks on the info!

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS BETA!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317BC293
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!! Thanks!!

jeff2jay no está en línea Stack level 2
    I upgraded and had the sheets to go, now it is gone and i try to upgrade. But it says i have the upgrade. I have no idea where the sheets to go went. Help!!!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Thanks JerryD......didn't realize the update would give me sheets to go, I had done a previous update that didn't. And great tip about the blank documents for editing. That's the perfect easy way to get around the inability to create new documents, just load a few blank docs. I admit I probably never would have thought about that!!!

I have to admit I think I saw that trick someplace else here. That said, I ran into a slight setback with trying to use a blank PowerPoint document. If you create a blank Powerpoint document by right clicking and selecting New --> Microsoft PowerPoint document, Slides to Go doesn't like it because there are no slides in the file.

I've updated the original post to include this:
    p.s. Regarding the blank document trick, a "blank" PowerPoint document must have at least one slide. If you have any PowerPoint Templates, simply copy them and rename them from .POT to .PPT.
    JerryD

Hopefully I will remember that......I don't use PowerPoint nearly as often as Word and Excel...thanks again!
    Twitter? My Apps List

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have 4.5 for my 8310 and i cant find this program anywhere on my phone. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jakaro View Post
    I have 4.5 for my 8310 and i cant find this program anywhere on my phone. Any ideas?
    Hook your BB up to the desktop manager, open the application loader and look in the list of apps, you need to "check" it and add it to your BB. It doesn't get automatically installed.
    Twitter? My Apps List

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3
    Will do thanks. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

One problem. When I used the DM app loader to remove a couple themes it removed my updated version as unrecognized modules. After the reboot I went back to the dataviz update site and had 5 re-downloads left. They expire 10/04/08. How do I prevent it from removing it again before I run out of re-download time? Do I try and find the .cod files in the 4.5 os and delete them? Will it still see the new update as unrecognized? Any ideas??

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    If there is not a fix azstar and you run out of redownloads you can always uninstall docs2go with desktop manager. Then reinstall it and register under a different email. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks joe, I hope I find a better way than that

I haven't had a chance to research it yet, happened as I was on my way out the door for bowling night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast