OK I just bought a new 8320, and i tried installing opera mini, and it ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

coyoteoty no está en línea Stack level 2

Opera Mini problem

Advertisement

OK I just bought a new 8320, and i tried installing opera mini, and it wont install and says: "Failed to connect to the internet." i already set my APN to wap.voicestream.com, and i dont know what else to do to make it work. plz help, thanks

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Opera Mini problem

Check to make sure your data services are "on" (options>mobile nework)

Also, when you downloaded it, did you set up the application permissions to "allow" in the correct fields?

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

If you are using WiFi at the time, turn it off. Uninstall Opera Mini. Then in the settings under the APN, I have my 10 digit phone number for username and my password to log into my T-mo website for password. Then reinstall Opera Mini. That worked for me so I hope it does for you too. Not sure if you are on T-mo though. Then you just turn WiFi back on and start surfing.

i have allow on everything, my APN settings work fine on the regular browser, idk what to do

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Did you install OTA or from your DM?

Try a battery pull, and if that doesn't work, try uninstalling & reinstalling it.

one thing thats weird, normally under my bars, it says EDGE in all caps, right now its in lower case, like "edge." idk if that makes any difference
    -------
    i installed it OTA
    Last edited by coyoteoty; 12-07-2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Automerged.

btmg no está en línea Stack Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eduardog21 View Post
    If you are using WiFi at the time, turn it off. Uninstall Opera Mini. Then in the settings under the APN, I have my 10 digit phone number for username and my password to log into my T-mo website for password. Then reinstall Opera Mini. That worked for me so I hope it does for you too. Not sure if you are on T-mo though. Then you just turn WiFi back on and start surfing.

I followed your instructions and it worked!!! Now my question is, are you being charged for data? I am on the Rogers $15 plan with unlimited emails and no tcp. Any idea anyone?

thanks
    pin: 2429140D

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yes you will be charged for data so make sure under the settings in opera mini under network you have socket selected. I heard that socket saves data somehow. The good news is that Opera Mini uses little data but I suggest an unlimited data plan.

thisguy10 no está en línea Stack level 3

good to know you got it working. gave me problems to install.

peoples_flip no está en línea Stack level 2

Hmm... I was getting the same issue as the original poster and I completed a battery pull and now opera mini seems to work fine... thanks for the advice.

danigoldman no está en línea Stack level 1

Good to hear that you guys got Opera Mini working

Daniel
    Opera Software

chasingturtles no está en línea Stack level 1
    This problem hasn't been brought up yet, but I figure someone will encounter it at some point if I did! I finally got Opera Mini installed & was playing around with the features and realized I couldn't access any of the options (by pressing the BB Key). It was like the pop up menu was trying to come up, but just couldn't. It turns out that it was the Theme that I was using! I was using a theme that someone on here made & when I changed it to one of the pre-installed ones, all of the features in Opera worked! Hope this helps!