Here's the scoop. I have a Curve 8320 with T-Mobile. I had it set up ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Opera Mini over WiFi

Advertisement

Here's the scoop. I have a Curve 8320 with T-Mobile. I had it set up for Opera Mini to work whether I was connected to the T-Mobile network or Wifi. I had wap.voicestream.com as the APN.

Recently I switched to AT&T, still using the same 8320 (unlocked of course). I changed the APN to wap.cingular as per the instructions I found on pinstack. Opera Mini now works, but only with the AT&T network. If I turn on WiFi and turn off the AT&T Network, it just sits there but won't connect. I didn't change anything else on the 8320.

Is there a different setting or APN I need to make it work with both mobile network AND wifi? I did try a battery pull but still won't connect over WiFi.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    are you using the newest version of Opera?

I'm using 4.0.1xxxx

not sure if that's the latest.

crazyivan315 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Make sure data services are turned on in mobile network options, although this doesn't sound like your issue but couldn't hurt.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    In Manage Connections, make sure it is set to Wi-Fi Preferred for your data services. That would be my first step. Also, try changing the APN to 'proxy' and give that a try.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

crazyivan: yes, data services are on. I can browse internet using the BB browser whether I'm on AT&T or WiFi.

MStrawder: I do have WiFi Preferred set, but in any case, when testing out the WiFi I just turned off the Mobile Network completely - just to make sure I'll be on WiFi only. I tried changing APN to Proxy, but then I get the java io error whether I'm on AT&T or WiFi. If I set APN to wap.cingular, then I can browse on AT&T but not over WiFi.

I found some more information while looking around. Apparently Opera Mini 4.0 didn't *truly* support WiFi according to some, and that it worked on T-Mobile because it was actually going through the UMA.

In any case, I upgraded to 4.2 and that DOES support WiFi. Requires the user to make sure to check it on (and off when browsing via EDGE), but it does work!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well, glad you got it worked out in any event.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS