Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you guys use?... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Nepok no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Opera Mini or BB browser better?

Advertisement

What do you guys use?

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Opera Mini or BB browser better?

It really depends on what kind of sites you are trying to view. One works better with the other..Most banking sites will work better on opera and so will myspace..really its up to persoanl preference.. i personally have both just incase I want to browse two different sites.
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

c1chrisc1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E6B92F

BB Browser. I just find it more convient.

spacemonkey_no9 no está en línea Stack level 2

I've just got Opera up and running (after having problems with APN setting) and its a nicer looking browser but BB's own browser seems to find wap specific sites easier. Probably going to use them both. Its a pain setting up two sets of bookmarks, pity you cant sync them.

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Opera Mini Beta 2 just lauched less than an our ago, and they've optimized it for blackberry!!

This is the first version that I am enjoying even. Back when the first beta came out and stackers scrutinized it well and it seems they've listened to us very well. There are still things I will be using the BB browser for but this is a definite improvement over version 3.

http://www.operamini.com/beta/

raskitoma no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2055AF80

Until Opera includes BIS support I stick with BB Web browser...

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

i'm very impressed with the improvements of beta 2 release and am probably going to remove opera mini 3. This is what I expected from Opera Mini 4 from the beginning. The first release was pretty subpar and I removed it within an hr of installing it. Huge thumbs up to Opera Mini team.

The only major negative I've noticed so far is how it deals with popups placed within sites. I.e. free sites that use strategically placed popups between some pages to pay the bills. you log into ____ and the initial popup that you can press 'skip' on when using a computer or 'x' is not an option within Opera and you're stuck.

mavrik666 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2010578D

Its the lack of BIS support thats stopping me use it as well, with more people using Blackberries for as personal PDAs I'm sure that someone will address it soon, I hope!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

First, I don't know what "BIS support" means for the Browser! No, you can't get into the BIS site with the Opera (3) browser, but I don't see this as being an issue - I almost NEVER use my BlackBerry to make changes in BIS!

That said, the native browser integrates much more effectively with the device than Opera. I really do NOT like the way you navigate with Opera at all, and of course there's no way to have Opera be your default browser anyway.

However, every once in a while there is a web site that renders terribly on the BlackBerry Browser that works well with Opera - which is why I keep it loaded.
    JerryD

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~one of the main reasons I like bb browser is that I can hide it and do my stuff then open it, with opera I have to exit and loose my place that is a real pain, firefox should step up to the plate and take the best from both and make a mobile firefox with tab browsing.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~one of the main reasons I like bb browser is that I can hide it and do my stuff then open it, with opera I have to exit and loose my place that is a real pain, firefox should step up to the plate and take the best from both and make a mobile firefox with tab browsing.
    You can switch out of any app including Opera. Hold down [Alt] and hit [Esc] to bring up the task ribbon, scroll to the item you want and let go of [Esc] when the one you want is selected.

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1

Opera mini, shows some pages a little nicer then BB browser, but for ease of use I like the BB browser. I am downloading the beta of opera mini so I might change my mind

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

The new opera mini beta turned into a opera mini fan.. I will only use the bb browser for downloading ota stuff, but other than that, opera all the way.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

flash - what are your current settings for the new opera mini? i downloaded it for the first time ever last night and i can't get images to load

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    flash - what are your current settings for the new opera mini? i downloaded it for the first time ever last night and i can't get images to load
    I have my settings on default.. I just installed it, loaded it, and everything is working fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast