Hello everyone, I am new to this comunity so please excuse me if my post ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

foxykacem no está en línea Stack level 1

Why does Opera Mini invokes BB Browser for OTA downloads?

Advertisement

Hello everyone, I am new to this comunity so please excuse me if my post has been answered somewhere else.

My question might seem stupide, but I the reason I am asking this is that I can't use my BB Browser for OTA download. In fact I got an unlocked BB Curve 8300 in Europe, and I am now based in Kuwait and I don't have BB services available. All I have is a GPRS/EDGE data access. In order for me to make my BB work, I had to configure the TCP manualy by adding the APN. Next step, I did download opera mini on my computer and used desktop manager to install it on my BB. It works fine but when I try to do an OTA download for other applications (and there are many that I can't install through desktop manager like gmail email client), it does invoke the BB browser systematicaly. I need to download an email client to access my email as I don't have BIS. There is no way to downloag gmail client other than through an OTA download.

Your help is appreciated to get around the problem of Opera invoking BB browser for OTA download, also if you know of any other good email clients that I can install through desktop manager, I would be thankful.

Thanks again for your help

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Why does Opera Mini invokes BB Browser for OTA downloads?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~its going to do that because your bb browser configures the ota download to which type of phone you have. Its made to do the download where as the opera is for viewing only really. Yeah I know kind of sucks but over 215,000 people here on pinstack deal with this everyday, don't feel alone.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Re: Why does Opera Mini invokes BB Browser for OTA downloads?

There's nothing you can do about it. What you can do is find a file concertor to make an alx file a cod file. There are some threads here about it but as I don't need that I have never checked it.
    ~posted via opera mini~