Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I just bought a Pearl 8100 with firmware version 4.2.1.107 (platform 2.3.0.83) and miniopera will ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

billfor no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Opera Mini

Advertisement

I just bought a Pearl 8100 with firmware version 4.2.1.107 (platform 2.3.0.83) and miniopera will not work even with the APN set to wap.voicestream.com. I have tmobile internet (old tzones) and the blackberry feature enabler.

young bb704 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have read many of the threads, and i see the APN info works for some and not others, I'm not going to do all of that. This is my problem that I was having, I'm using BES so far I can what i want using BES, however my issue using Opera 4 was that i couldn't connect to the internet even if i did "allow all", so what i did was to go into setting scroll down to network the protocol is set to socket, change it http save it, go to a site, make sure you "allow all" you should be able to browse using opera. Again some setting works for others, and some don't, this is what works for me.

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3

Am I correct in that this is the latest version: 4.0.9800?

Have it loaded on my new VZW Pearl 8130 w/ Telus v4.3.0.65 OS... still keep getting this notice, can't get rid of it:

"This application Opera Mini has attempted to access a low-level network connection. Would you like to allow this?"

Any thoughts?
    Thanks!

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

Yup, my thought is it is just like any other security notification since 2001.
    Just allow it.

Blakefreak no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242A9091

After you allow it, then go into security and change the application permission to allow from custom.

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks. Already tried the obvious route. Everything in security is set to Allow, Allow, Allow.
    Other forums are guessing this is a v4.3 incompatibility, just figured I'd check here...

LissaAnne8 no está en línea Stack level 1

You are all brilliant! I was having many of the same problems, read this thread, and now I'm off and running with my 8700g! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by LissaAnne8; 01-30-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: misspelling

Moechick007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24867F51

i absolutely adore Opera. definately a step above the normal browser....

sadly, i have not been able to get opera back since i updated my OS. I try to go to the site to download and when i click the download button it goes back to the select d/l method and phone model page back to the download button and back to the d/l method page... its an endless loop.... not sure a remedy.... i miss it

Daimonji57 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I managed to install Opera Mini after I removed the restrictive IT Policy from my BB 8820. However, when I started Opera Mini for the first time, it complains and says : "The application operette $2dhifi has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT Policy."

Permissions were set to "Allow, allow, allow".

I can't change IT Policy because I don't have any MNO and no subscription to a BB service. I just want to install and make work any native or JavaME app.

What can I do ? Thanks.

scottjb no está en línea Stack level 2

Have you tried enabling the firewall on the BB? That usually clears up that message.

Daimonji57 no está en línea Stack level 1

I went to Security Options, Firewall and the firewall is set as Enabled (It doesn't seem I can disable it).

My wireless connection works well with the default BB browser.
    Last edited by Daimonji57; 03-03-2008 at 04:50 PM.

johu65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24470e33
    what is opera mini and whats it used for I have heard alot about it, but still dont know much. Help me out should I DL it or what?
    PIN: 24470E33

ninor no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey guys... I cannot install Opera Mini 4.1 properly on my Curve!!! I install it... get bunch of security notifications and then Opera's good old red O icon is nowhere to be found in my applications list!!! How do I find the icon? I tried deleting/battery pulling/re-installing several times with no luck. Please help

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Opera is my browser of choice on my desktop, so I installed Opera Mini on my Pearl, but when i tried to use it I got an error message "Failed to connect t the Internet", and it suggests I use my desktop to go to the Operamini.com/help page or that I contact my service provider.

Any suggestions?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456