Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hitting q two times will bring u to the url entry screen... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jman21008 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Opera Mini

Advertisement

Hitting q two times will bring u to the url entry screen

ccristi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e5b437

I have the 8700c w/Cingular service and I can't get Opera Mini to work. I've followed the suggested APN settings, but nothing. When it goes through network setup I get "FAILED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET." My Cingular browser and internet browser work fine. I've tried the WAP and ISPDA settings, still no luck. Any suggestions?

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

Quote Originally Posted by ccristi
    I have the 8700c w/Cingular service and I can't get Opera Mini to work. I've followed the suggested APN settings, but nothing. When it goes through network setup I get "FAILED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET." My Cingular browser and internet browser work fine. I've tried the WAP and ISPDA settings, still no luck. Any suggestions?
    make sure to put the password in all caps....CINGULAR1 and that your other settings are correct and that should do it

mcmike60 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got this to work after many attempts on my 8100 on Cingular.

I downloaded the latest version of Opera from the website onto my PC then installed it through desktop manager and it work.

All previous reinstalls were down via text message or direct-over the air. It seems that the version you get when you download to the PC may be slightly updated.

I also followed the configuration setting for Cingular on the Opera help page.

Mcmike60

JJTX77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205CC334

Lightbulb Re: Opera Mini

I am a BlackBerry n00b, just getting my 8700G today, so hopefully this isn't something really obvious. I was getting the "Failed to connect to the Internet" error in Opera Mini. I was able to resolve it by filling in my APN ("wap.voicestream.com", for T-Mobile) and then going into Options -> Security Options -> Application Permissions -> Opera Mini -> Edit Permissions -> Connections -> (Click) -> Reset Firewall Prompts. Then I launched Opera Mini and chose "Allow" when a dialog came up requesting permission to access the network. Being that I am n00b I accidentally chose "Deny". Perhaps some other users with this problem did the same thing?

Now Opera Mini is working fine. I'm really happy with my BlackBerry so far.

J.J.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Infact most ppl who had problems with their OM, found a solution by doing what u did.

hhsader no está en línea Stack level 1

so, does this work on myspace, and i dont have to download and pay for myspace mobile?

PIN/ID
    23e5b437

Thanks JJTX77. However, my opera mini is still not working. I tried all kinds of suggestions. Uploaded mini from PC, downloaded via sms message, tried all suggested Cingular APN configurations. Also tried your firewall suggestion, nothing. Typed and re-typed the APN configurations...still no luck.

PIN/ID
    23e5b437

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter21
    make sure to put the password in all caps....CINGULAR1 and that your other settings are correct and that should do it
    What are the other settings that I should make sure are correct?

ohad_129 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    237be374

problems
    why every time i go to desk top to upload somthing new first think that the desktop manager do is to uninstall the miniopera
    he write there not recognize software
    please help
    thank you
    eli

jusmizzm no está en línea Stack level 1

having trouble reposting bulletins, not able to copy and paste in operamini?? anyone?

mudeth no está en línea Stack level 1

Same problem for me, and I don't have wap on my service, though I do have unlimited internet on my blackberry scheme. If I want wap, I'll have to pay extra for it. Is there anyway to get mini to use http connections like the other apps? Noob here, excuse any obvious stupidity..

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

The only way I was able to get my Opera Mini to work on my 8700c is to disable the firewall first. Tried changing the firewall settings so that I could keep it running and still be able to use Opera with no luck.

Zo.

Sangoor no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Opera Mini HELP

Hello all
    I am posting this again
    I have a BB 8700g form work and our service provider is "etisalt"
    I have tried to install the following
    Google service "success all working fine maps and gmail and news"
    opera mini "failed to connect"
    yahoo messenger "asked to register and could not connect"
    Mino wireless "failed to connect Http error 404 I believe"
    When I called my service provide “I believe they are a Bunch of @#$%” who could not answer any of my questions and kept on telling me third party software could not be done

I can’t find my APN, APN user name or APN password anywhere

Its frustrating and depressing if someone can be of help would appreciate it

Do I need my APN ,APN username and password and why is Google working fine?
    So last my question would be can I get opera mini or other third party software to work with out my APN info?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Sangoor; 06-10-2007 at 05:30 AM.

jessi0429 no está en línea Stack level 1

I hv an issue: I hv a pearl with tmobile and had the older OS and was able to use opera mini fine. I upgraded the OS via the tmobile website and opera mini has since become inoperable. I made sure the TCP settings were there and they were fine. I deleted, battery-removed and tried to re-install via BlackBerry browser, and opera mini website couldn't detect my type of phone. I tried uploading opera to my phone with desktop manager and I continuously receive the "failed to connect to the internet" error msg. Any call to tmobile would be a fruitless effort as opera is a 3rd party spp and we all know how wonderful tmo customer service is regarding 3rd party apps....I'm at my wits end...I miss opera mini! Can anyone please please help?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast