Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thanx John, I thought about downloading the 8700g version, but wasnt sure if there would ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Re: Opera Mini

Advertisement

Thanx John,

I thought about downloading the 8700g version, but wasnt sure if there would be incompatability between carriers networks.

Cant hurt too bad to try. I can always remove the app via Javaloader if my device crashes.

Thanx for trying.

bophus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EI19DF

i just downloaded opera mini onto my 7105t (tmobile) and it is giving me the no network available message. also, it gives me a message telling me that the application is not allowed by the IT, what ever that means.

I changed the TCP settings to wap.voicestream.com and internet2.voicestream.com and still nothing. any ideas?

-bophus

edit: i contacted Tmobile, but i might as well have been talking into a wall, because "corkey" from "life goes on" picked up and i dont think he had even ever heard of opera or a blackberry. the only thing he was able to tell me was that TMobile doesnt support 3rd party software. thanks for the newscast ted copple.
    Last edited by bophus; 10-11-2006 at 11:40 PM.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Quote Originally Posted by bophus
    i just downloaded opera mini onto my 7105t (tmobile) and it is giving me the no network available message. also, it gives me a message telling me that the application is not allowed by the IT, what ever that means.

I changed the TCP settings to wap.voicestream.com and still nothing. any ideas?

-bophus

One question, are you on BES or BIS? If you are BES you need permission to download and activate apps.

PIN/ID
    23EI19DF

i think i am on BIS. i just have a family plan for my BB, so it has no affiliation with work at all.

and thank you for the help.

-bophus
    Cellular Customer Service = Useless

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ah then you and I are in the same boat. I can't get it to work on my 7105t either. It works great on my 8700g.

So im afraid I can't help. I've even tried to edit the permissions and everything, and nothing has worked.

Sorry. I'll do some checking tomorrow when I get some time, and see what I can come up with. I know a couple people who have a 7105 also.

PIN/ID
    23EI19DF

yeah, i have bgen doing the same thing, messing around with the permissions, but with BB's i am a noob so i dont want to mess around too much anhd really screw it up, lol. i am still looking around to see if something clicks though. let me know if you find something, i dont personally know anyone else with a 7105t, so any help is greatly appreciated.

-bophus

fiz_x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21a311e6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my coworker was having trouble with his opera mini on his BB...it wouldn't open any pages but instead said that he had no network connection (it was working perfectly up till today and he claims he never touched his internet settings). So when he asked me to help, I just did a reset (remove battery) and when everything was back up it worked fine! I guess this is only worth trying if you already have it running before any problems pop up compared to not getting it to work at all, but I figured I throw it out nonetheless!

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

I tried loading the 8700g version, but it will not work. States that I need a GPRS/3G profile. The 8703e is a CDMA device. Connection fails. Anyway to manipulate it?

PIN/ID
    23EI19DF

this is kinda strange and i dont know why opera works now, but it does. i deleted the application from my berry and the icon stayed on my screen and now Opera works perfectly. anyone know why this is?
    i deleted it from my berry did a hard restart and now it work, and there is no application to work from. very strange.

-bophus

mygti02 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~where can I get this browser?

www.mini.opera.com

You can also check our downloads section. I believe we have a link there also. Make sure to set your APN to wap.voicestream.com That is the setting for T-Mobile.

Where on my 8100 pearl do I check the settings? Mine is from t-mobile. Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

Oops double post sorry

Im not sure about the 8100, but on most Blackberrys its under, Options>advanced options>TCP.

And if you are with Tmo, your settings are

wap.voicestream.com

And you leave the user name and password blank.

Nice it worked thanks

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast