Hi all, I would like to use opera but I only have unlimited BIS data ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jzamoras no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E9A8B

Opera browser and BIS connection

Advertisement

Hi all, I would like to use opera but I only have unlimited BIS data plan. Is there a way to make Opera work through BIS connection?

Best Regards,
    Jaime

howitzer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA6E34

Re: Opera browser and BIS connection

I am not a BB pro yet but from what I gather Opera for BB is buggy.

frkhuda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~do u mean opera mini?if yeah then the answer is u most definitely can i also have unl bis plan and have been using opera mini since it came out for bb and it works great!

zyphbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242ac794

Smile Re: Opera browser and BIS connection

Quote Originally Posted by howitzer
    I am not a BB pro yet but from what I gather Opera for BB is buggy.
    I would say this is an understatement (no offense, but so true.)

My hearing impaired partner and I both have 8700's on T-Mobile's BIS with EDGE (just the internet and traditional e-mail, we don't need corporate e-mail), we have downloaded all versions of the Opera Mini browser, the original version worked most of the time with minimal bugs, unfortunatly they have replaced it with the "new" version, while it has some nice features, renders RSS better and loads a little faster...over the past week and a half we haven't been able to use the internet via Opera at all. The network connection as well as the test both fail. I hope you aren't trying to use it on T-Mobile, it may be related. All other internet related programs work and connect fine with the wap.voicestream.com in my TCP (past the terriable app "EQO", which we won't get into here).

I would say, for now just go back to using the "Internet browser" (aka "blackberry browser") and set the emulation for IE or Netscape). About the only choice I have had.

jzamoras no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E9A8B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I checked myself and it doesn't work with default settings. Maybe there is a Opera mini guru here willing to help.

Best

husnain1 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

^ make sure you go into options>advanced options> select opera and click menu and check to see if the permissions need some tweaking

PIN/ID

did you pin me jzamoras asking for help?

my bad your offline couldnt have been you

PIN/ID

ok im back

cbusddc no está en línea Stack level 2

I have Opera Mini 3.0 installed on my Blackberry Pearl (8100) and am using it without problems on Cingular's BIS. Make sure that your APN settings are entered correctly. Goto Options->Advanced Options->TCP to set this. The settings differ depending on your carrier.

GeoffreyM no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the latest version of Opera Mini working fine on my 8100 on T-Mobile. My TCP setting is wap.voicestream.com, as indicated by someone else here. If you go into Opera Mini and select Menu-->Tools-->Settings, look to see whether HTTP or Socket is selected as the protocol. If Socket, switch to HTTP and see if you can connect. If HTTP, switch to Socket.

My reasoning for suggesting these two opposite actions is that when I had a problem, I switched from Socket to HTTP and it suddenly worked; however, it now says Socket.

I don't ask questions any longer. I just take my successes where and how they come.