It's TRUE! After YEARS of being aggravated because AT&T wouldn't send the needed Service Books ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Thumbs up OMG! AT&T finally allows ALL RIM IM Clients!

Advertisement

It's TRUE! After YEARS of being aggravated because AT&T wouldn't send the needed Service Books for RIM's Yahoo! Messenger, AIM, and ICQ clients, they've FINALLY released them! As reported over at Boy Genius Report.

I pointed my trusty BlackBerry Browser over to the Instant Messaging scanner (http://www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging), hit the [Search] button and gave them a try.

I tried both AIM and Yahoo, and they're both working now! There have been many reviews of the latest RIM IM Clients (all now version 2.1.37), but some of the features I like are the ability to save conversation history to Media Card, and being able to link IM buddies to Contacts in your Address Book.

In case you don't feel like going through the hassle, here are the direct links for ALL the RIM IM Clients now available through the IM Scanner with AT&T:

AIM (RIM): 2.1.37 - OTA/IE Web Install (IM)
    ICQ (RIM): 2.1.37 - OTA/IE Web Install (IM)
    Google Talk (RIM): 2.1.37 - OTA/Web (IM)
    Windows Live Messenger: 2.1.37 - OTA/IE Web Install (IM)
    Yahoo! Messenger (RIM): 2.1.37 - OTA/IE Web Install (IM)

Thank you AT&T! As far as I'm concerned, they are now the premier BlackBerry Service Provider in the US!

All updated on my Mini Version Tracker list too!
    JerryD

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala View Post
    It's TRUE! After YEARS of being aggravated because AT&T wouldn't send the needed Service Books for RIM's Yahoo! Messenger, AIM, and ICQ clients, they've FINALLY released them! As reported over at Boy Genius Report.

I pointed my trusty BlackBerry Browser over to the Instant Messaging scanner (http://www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging), hit the [Search] button and gave them a try.

I tried both AIM and Yahoo, and they're both working now! There have been many reviews of the latest RIM IM Clients (all now version 2.1.37), but some of the features I like are the ability to save conversation history to Media Card, and being able to link IM buddies to Contacts in your Address Book.

In case you don't feel like going through the hassle, here are the direct links for ALL the RIM IM Clients now available through the IM Scanner with AT&T:
    AIM (RIM): 2.1.37 - OTA/IE Web Install (IM)
    ICQ (RIM): 2.1.37 - OTA/IE Web Install (IM)
    Google Talk (RIM): 2.1.37 - OTA/Web (IM)
    Windows Live Messenger: 2.1.37 - OTA/IE Web Install (IM)
    Yahoo! Messenger (RIM): 2.1.37 - OTA/IE Web Install (IM)
    Thank you AT&T! As far as I'm concerned, they are now the premier BlackBerry Service Provider in the US!

All updated on my Mini Version Tracker list too!
    Indeed it does work! I just tried this on Monday for giggles and got the old service not enabled message. Working now! Thanks for coming around in these tough economical times AT&T and giving us something we should have had all along.

cupiecat no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245061B0
    Can someone verify that all these RIM clients use data and not SMS? Thanks.. I hate surprises in my bill.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~