Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone use Nutsie? Wondering how well it works and what it does to the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Nutsie

Advertisement

Does anyone use Nutsie? Wondering how well it works and what it does to the BB memory.

salscott no está en línea Stack level 2

Nutsie

Not to dogpile, but I would also like to hear some feedback on Nutsie from the site that is advertising it non-stop. It sounds and looks great, but it is lacking in feedback and a trial version (as far as I can tell).

trapdogg no está en línea Stack level 2
    nutsie is pretty good

csselement no está en línea Developer
    Hey guys and gals,

I just wanted to let you all know that we at nuTsie are listening to the questions and comments you have. We've received your feedback and are working on getting a trial version set up. There's nothing more important to us than communicating to you guys, the users, how cool nuTsie is.

While we work on getting that trial version out there, here's a short video outlining some nuTsie features:

If you have any further questions/comments/suggestions, feel free to ask them in this thread or email feedback@nutsie.com

-Christian
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 08-10-2008 at 03:30 PM.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Interesting might have to check this out myself

kauainurse no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    none
    on the Nutsie.com/link site I entered my code and it got to options to manually add music files from itunes or sync using nutsie sidebar for itunes. Well this page also said "it works with Vista too" but apparently doesnt. I have been working with tech support for 3 days and they finally said it doenst work for vista. HUH?! So, now I will try to manually export my itunes music to my 8310 and se if that works! So far the experince has been disheartening!

Read below:
    Turn Your iTunes up to 11

Introducing...
    The nuTsie sideTunes™ beta.

Featuring:

Serendipity Slider™ - Mix recommended songs into your iTunes.

Grab Bag - Like it. Grab it. Listen again.

Featured playlists - iTunes top 100, Top 100 Rock songs. Guitar Hero songs. Too many to list.

Sharing - That's what friends are for.

and more...

We did say it was a beta, so there are a few things you should know:

It works best on Windows XP. Works on Vista too, but still recommend XP. Sorry, no Mac version yet.
    We tested it with recent versions of iTunes (e.g. 7.6+). It probably works with older versions, but no guarantees.
    It requires being connected to the internet. (it streams music)
    If you already have a nutsie.com account, log in with that. If not, you can sign up for a nutsie account in sideTunes.
    If you happen to have turned on "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to
    Last edited by kauainurse; 08-15-2008 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added Nutsie page

Quote Originally Posted by kauainurse View Post
    on the Nutsie.com/link site I entered my code and it got to options to manually add music files from itunes or sync using nutsie sidebar for itunes...
    Hi Veronica,

I'm happy to help you out with this issue. Just to clarify: you are having trouble getting Sidetunes to run with iTunes on Vista? I personally have Vista Home Premium Edition and Sidetunes seems to work fine. Who said it wouldn't work on Vista? Was that Microsoft support or nuTsie support?

If you don't care to use Sidetunes, you can still export your iTunes library by choosing "File" and then "Export Library". This will generate a text list of what music you have. When signed into your Nutsie.com account, click on "Upload Playlist" and select the XML file that you exported a moment earlier.

(I tried to post a screenshot here for you but Pinstack's user level limitations blocked me. Doh.)

If I'm missing the mark regarding your issue, lead me in the right direction!
    Last edited by csselement; 08-18-2008 at 04:47 PM.

jonfredric no está en línea Developer
    I have been working with tech support for 3 days and they finally said it doenst work for vista. HUH?!
    nuTsie tech support of Microsoft support?

PIN/ID
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by csselement View Post
    Hi Veronica,

I'm happy to help you out with this issue. Just to clarify: you are having trouble getting Sidetunes to run with iTunes on Vista? I personally have Vista Home Premium Edition and Sidetunes seems to work fine. Who said it wouldn't work on Vista? Was that Microsoft support or nuTsie support?

If you don't care to use Sidetunes, you can still export your iTunes library by choosing "File" and then "Export Library". This will generate a text list of what music you have. When signed into your Nutsie.com account, click on "Upload Playlist" and select the XML file that you exported a moment earlier.

(I tried to post a screenshot here for you but Pinstack's user level limitations blocked me. Doh.)

If I'm missing the mark regarding your issue, lead me in the right direction!
    Hi!
    The third party provider i purchased it from told me it doesnt work for Vista. I did not speak with anyone at Microsoft. I purchased the application for Nutsie sidebar and when I try to download it i get the following error: error opening file for writing c:/programfiles(x86)\nutsiesidetunes\nutsiesidetunes. exe
    Now when I try to just open my itunes app it crashes and has to close it says: itunes has stopped working
    I can use Nutsie on my BB8310 and stream and grab music. I can transfer my itunes to my BB by manually extracting the files. I just dont have the luxury of having the Itunes sidebar attached to my itunes window....that I PAID for!

Any ideas?

Aloha!
    -Veronica

Veronica,

Thanks for you reply. I'm not sure what third party gave you the misinformation about sideTunes not working on Vista. I know nobody here at nuTsie would!

Just to clear things up: sideTunes is a free download. You shouldn't have had to pay for it. If you did, someone may be selling it illegally (this has unfortunately happened with other free programs such as iTunes). Please let me know if this is the case.

Now, on to fixing the problem you're experiencing.

Vista protects users from themselves by giving them a lower level of access for everyday use. In some cases, Vista will block a user (such as yourself) from executing high level operations. This is usually a good thing.

So here's the plan: Start from scratch. Download sideTunes again from nutsie.com/sidetunes. Right click on the installer and choose "Run as Adminstrator". It may ask you for a password. This is your Administrator account password...you should know it. If not, you may need to contact whoever set up your computer.
    Last edited by csselement; 08-19-2008 at 02:23 PM.

PIN/ID
    none
    3rd party Nutsie provider that i purchased the download from

3rd party Nutsie provider that i purchased the download from
    OK...I'm not sure why we're still on this. Were you able to fix the problem by following my instructions?

Out of curiosity, does this "3rd party Nutsie provider" have a name?

PIN/ID
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by bbueding View Post
    Does anyone use Nutsie? Wondering how well it works and what it does to the BB memory.
    Hi! i haven't had any memory problems yet, but the I cant stand the buffering and waiting waiting for the next song to play. Have u tried it yet?
    Saving a life one client at a time with a trusty gadget by my side!

Veronica S.

PIN/ID
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by csselement View Post
    OK...I'm not sure why we're still on this. Were you able to fix the problem by following my instructions?

Out of curiosity, does this "3rd party Nutsie provider" have a name?
    Handmark.......but shhh dont want to piss anyone off. You are a god send, thank you for your idea it worked!
    Saving a life one client at a time with a trusty gadget by my side!

Veronica S.

Handmark.......but shhh dont want to piss anyone off. You are a god send, thank you for your idea it worked!
    I'm glad it worked!

I cant stand the buffering and waiting waiting for the next song to play. Have u tried it yet?
    Only the first song should be buffering. The rest should play seamlessly if everything is working as intended! (The next song buffers while the current song plays).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast