Has anyone tried this? Made by WebIS, its a program that worked great on WM5/6 ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jrsbcc no está en línea Stack level 2

Note2Self - any one using it?

Advertisement

Has anyone tried this? Made by WebIS, its a program that worked great on WM5/6 when I was using an XV6700. It allows you to record a message and send it to your desktop via email with only 2 clicks. Great while driving.

Its now on the BB platfrom at

http://www.pocketinformant.com/produ...id=note2selfbb

and should work for Pearls, its says, but I get this message after i install and try to set it up.

"uncaught Exception: java.lang.illegalArguementException"

Anyone have any ideas?

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Note2Self - any one using it?

Why not just use Jott? It does everything this does plus a lot more... AND it's free

http://www.jott.com/

jrsbcc no está en línea Stack level 2

I'll try it, but it will probably cost money once the beta is over. We'll see.

Thanks

kellycarter no está en línea Stack level 1

I just bought Note2Self for BlackBerry today, installed it on my BlackBerry Pearl 8130, and got the same error as you: Uncaught Exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException. Have emailed their tech support for help.

kellycarter no está en línea Stack level 1

Follow-up: WebIS emailed me a link to a version they hoped would fix my problem. It did! I did, however, have a recording failure when I had the audio format set to PCM. I changed it to AMR, and everything worked. Then, I tried another voice recording--a quite long one--and Real Player crashed with a "general error" trying to play it. WebIS highly recommends using QuickTime. I switched to QuickTime. It played the first recording OK but crashed on the second, just like Real Player did. I'll keep messing around with this.

PostScript: It seems to work fine if I don't let the recorded message get too long. Somewhere around 20 seconds seem to be the maximum before it gets chopped off. The message that wouldn't play at all was probably much longer. Will do more testing before I can be comfortable depending on this.
    Last edited by kellycarter; 02-27-2008 at 01:46 AM.