Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just checking in - tried Tetherberry again this am. Disabled wireless adapter on laptop and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Just checking in - tried Tetherberry again this am. Disabled wireless adapter on laptop and it started up without a hitch.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that disabling the wi-fi adapter helps. Roger didn't have that problem and it MAY depend on what you use. I have a set up that uses the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection. It's what came on the Sony Vaio and has worked very well. I think I'll try Tetherberry on my other laptop again - it's a Thinkpad - just to make sure I think I'm "fixed."

To Camshafter: If you ever want to try it, do it when you're going to a place where you KNOW you'll need it and work it over real good. I wouldn't hesitate to try it and I still think it's a good product. My problem surprised me but I DID get good support from them - responses were never took than a day and many were same day. You're the boss though - you do what feels right to YOU! Keep stacking!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I just tested on the Thinkpad - the other laptop. It worked flawlessly again. I don't know why it didn't work before when I tested because I also disabled the adapter. My only guess is that I migh have needed a reboot.

I haven't mentioned it but I often run for days, if not weeks, without doing a clean boot. When I'm finished for the day I simply hibernate to "hold" my place with 10-12 browswer window open. If you're a Windows user you know that sometimes Windows doesn't "like" not rebooting fairly often.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123