Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

If I purchase tetherberry is that violating my contract with the phone company? Can the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

angelberry123 no está en línea Stack level 2

Not sure if I should buy tetherberry app

Advertisement

If I purchase tetherberry is that violating my contract with the phone company?
    Can the phone company find out if I am using the app?
    Also is it worth $39.99 and has anyone purchase the app yet and it fast?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I know ROGro and Jblackfish (2 of the PS mods) have, dunno how things have worked out, let me find the thread and I will post back here.

Hope this helps...

Thbassman

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    This one

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...ht=tetherberry

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Here's another:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthrea...ht=tetherberry

Hope this helps...

Thbassman

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I tried it and had bad luck with it, but maybe it was more of a Vista 64 bit issue, dunno, but it was slow and unreliable for me. Others have reported great success with it. As far as carriers go, read your contract, if your carrier notices a jump in your data usage it is possible they could look closer and then send you a whopper of a bill. But if you use it lightly you may be able to get away with it, hard to know how carriers will react.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I surely don't want to get hit with a whopper of a bill that's for sure.
    Thanks everyone for the information.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Well, just read your contract really carefully, it may not be a problem......there's a risk though IMHO if you are doing something or free that they normally charge for.....just make an informed decision.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    it all depends... if you have an unlimited blackberry plan that doesnt implement a fair use policy of 5gb etc, then there shouldnt be any problem with it...

the easiest way to find out how your carrier will react is to call up the customer service and ask them how much data you can send and recieve on your device... point out possibilities of data intensive apps like youtube etc and they will let you know if they have any suck policy intact...

as the tetherberry description said, they use the data plan of the berry itself, so you'll be able to find out from customer service if you're good to go...

and if indeed they do smack you with a bill, you can reference back to the date and time that you made the call and confirm that the rep told you otherwise... and personally, id call 3 or 4 times to get different reps to answer the same question... jsut play dumb and say you really really wanted to confirm it...
    i see RED...

I am going to take your advice and call the phone company 3 or 4 times just to be on the safe side
    So what you are saying, the key is not to go over the 5gb

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Many companies have a fair use policy in their little fine print... My carrier here in pakistan doesn't... But many do... So just ask em... "Hey, if I use around 15 or 20 gb of data from my blackberry would there be a problem with that? And the guy will freak out, make some nice comments n then say either let me check or sir we have a fair use policy that restricts data usage to xxGB...

And just reconfirm that... Try to see if they can send you anything in writing, "can you send me a detailed email with this info? Or can you point me to a specific page in the bb data user agreement or to a page on your site"

Get technical with these questions, and see if they'll transfer you to a higher tier to confirm...

Ok I am going to get technical with them and also try to get something in writing,thanks ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by angelberry123; 03-10-2009 at 03:46 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had tested this, found it easy to use and got it. Since then I've HAD to use it once while in E. Texas and it worked fine and without a hitch.

I sit here now, having just needed it for ONLY The 2nd time since I got it and, although it started up and connected fast and easy as it did before, every web site that I tried to load got an 'error, page not available' type message. Google search wouldn't even work - nothing worked.

I tried clearing cache, rebooting both the 8330 and the laptop and reexecuting with no success. From the sublime to the pits. I haven't had time to do any other tests/research. Right now I'm posting this using a neighborhood wireless connection that is available - I had to give up on Tetherberry.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    thanks so much for this info JB, i was just about to purchase this and crackberry is trying to give 25 copys away...i have been looking at this program for about 3 weeks now and i believe now...i will not purchase

PINSTACK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camshafter

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by camshafter View Post
    thanks so much for this info JB, i was just about to purchase this and crackberry is trying to give 25 copys away...i have been looking at this program for about 3 weeks now and i believe now...i will not purchase

PINSTACK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Camshafter
    Camshafter,

Don't give up on this yet - this COULD have been all my problem. Honestly, this is the first problem I've had with Tetherberry. I LOVED the application originally and never had trouble with it.

I've submitted a problem report to Tetherberry and asked for suggestions as to what might have caused this odd problem. I'll post back in here when I hear back from them.

I still have the ap and will try in again in a few days - I hope this was some kind of fluke that I caused myself - I'll post any info I come up with.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ok thanks JB...look forward to your findings

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast