welcome all... I just recently got a new pearl, and have been searching, and searching ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

soundcolor99 no está en línea Stack level 1

No need to convert JAD/JAR to ALX

Advertisement

welcome all... I just recently got a new pearl, and have been searching, and searching for any, and all .alx games...
    I found out after hours of searching that there arent that many of them out. Then I found out (as many of you already know) that all the good, free games are in JAD/JAR format... I tried to convert them using the BCS JAD-ALX converter with no luck, then I stumbled upon something I thougt might help everyone out with this problem...
    you dont have to convert anything. Let your phone do the work for you. How?
    easy.

Remove your SD card from your phone, pop it into your computer, Download the games you want to your PC desktop, then, open your SD card in windows explorer, when it opens you will see a file pre-named "blackberry" open it, and create a new file name called "games" (there should already be music, photos, videos, and ringtones folders).
    Once you have created that folder, simply move your JAR files from your desktop to the newly created "games" folder on your SD card. YOU DO NOT NEED TO COPY ANY JAD FILES, YOU WONT NEED THEM, THEY ARE USELESS AT THIS POINT.

Then all you have to do, is pop your SD card back into your BB and fire it up.

Once the phone has finished starting, navigate over to the "media" icon, open it, once it opens, press the menu button, select "EXPLORE" from the menu options, and then you will see your new "games" folder. Open your games folder, select the game you want to install, and click on it. You phone will then take you to a "download to phone" screen, simply click yes, and in a few seconds, BAM... its on your phone, and you didnt have to convert anything.

hope this helps...

good luck all

soundcolor99 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Of course there is a slightly easier way to do this. However it does require you to have the USB cable for your phone.
    all you have to do is connect the USB cable to your phone, wait for windows to bring up the "options" menu, select "open files/folders for viewing, and then open up your Blackberry folder, open up your games file, and then add your JARs to your "games" file...

a little quicker, but all the same

amorefiend no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by soundcolor99 View Post
    Of course there is a slightly easier way to do this. However it does require you to have the USB cable for your phone.
    all you have to do is connect the USB cable to your phone, wait for windows to bring up the "options" menu, select "open files/folders for viewing, and then open up your Blackberry folder, open up your games file, and then add your JARs to your "games" file...

a little quicker, but all the same
    Soundcolor99, Your method worked great on my Pearl. Now it's about finding a game that plays........Thanks for the suggestion!
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds"

emily4793 no está en línea Stack level 1
    wait I don't get it, soundcolor99, what options menu?

coldfyre no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yeah, it was easy enough to follow the steps and get it installed. Now I just need to find the games that don't freeze up my BB.

theyak no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey ive got a curve 8300 without the option to intstall, can i download something to fix this?

ecroarturo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Okay, so I have a blackberry 7230. I tried plugging it into my comp via usb to see if the computer would read it and allow me to add the games, but it would read it even though it's plugged in. Is there something I have to do to get my computer to recognize it as an external device so I can add te games?

StephenGuy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30636d59
    Quote Originally Posted by emily4793 View Post
    wait I don't get it, soundcolor99, what options menu?
    Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    hey ive got a curve 8300 without the option to intstall, can i download something to fix this?
    Once in media, hit the BB button (left of trackball), and click explore.
    -Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

zach101 no está en línea Stack level 1
    plz give me step by step instructions ive plugged in my black berry pearl before and nothing comes upp not even my bb desktop manager i use for themes

zach101 no está en línea Stack level 1
    you can email me at honda4crf@aol.com

Mikhil no está en línea Stack level 1
    THANKS ALOT MAN...
    THAT WAS REALLY HELPFUL !!!

cjs1968 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31F6522E
    Filescout works well too for getting apps for your phone thaqt u put on your sd card.