Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by saraiya We just added html viewing. OTA: http://www.saraiya.com/BMail/ota.pl I need to see ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: No-hype free email viewer for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by saraiya
    We just added html viewing.

OTA: http://www.saraiya.com/BMail/ota.pl
    I need to see pics. Please post some pics each time you say you have a new service so we can know what we are getting ourselves into.

Thanks
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

saraiya no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by The SPCS Guy
    OOOoOoh tHIS PROGRAM LOOKS REAL COOL!
    Thanks!

Please download the latest version, which just went out. We just went alpha, and created a new thread for that.

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1
    I need to see pics. Please post some pics each time you say you have a new service so we can know what we are getting ourselves into.

Thanks
    Please see our new thread. We would *much* prefer that people shared their own screenshots. This is free software.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
    i just took these screenshots. its not really an html viewer and i cant open any email attachments (txt attachments work but not pictures).
    The product is completely different since you took those screenshots.

Security and automatic downloads/attachments

From our other thread (I don't know how to consolidate threads ... )

We've been asked why we give you the option to download links but don't do it automatically. The reason is the same as the reason that BlackBerry doesn't do it: it's inherently insecure. When you browse, you choose what links to click on. When you get email, if your viewer automatically downloads images, then in effect someone else is clicking for you. That way, spammers can track whether you have opened their email, or worse put a virus on your phone. We provide you with the option of viewing the link before you click on it.

Writing your own attachment handler is even worse unless you link it to a powerful antivirus program -- which BlackBerry probably does when you use their Attachment Service via your phone. That's why we are carefully considering what to do with attachments.

Since many BlackBerry users have sensitive company information on their phones, we thought that security was an important issue.

Re: Security and automatic downloads/attachments

Quote Originally Posted by saraiya
    From our other thread (I don't know how to consolidate threads ... )

We've been asked why we give you the option to download links but don't do it automatically. The reason is the same as the reason that BlackBerry doesn't do it: it's inherently insecure. When you browse, you choose what links to click on. When you get email, if your viewer automatically downloads images, then in effect someone else is clicking for you. That way, spammers can track whether you have opened their email, or worse put a virus on your phone. We provide you with the option of viewing the link before you click on it.

Writing your own attachment handler is even worse unless you link it to a powerful antivirus program -- which BlackBerry probably does when you use their Attachment Service via your phone. That's why we are carefully considering what to do with attachments.

Since many BlackBerry users have sensitive company information on their phones, we thought that security was an important issue.
    We got too many requests for image downloads, so we added image download as a menu item inside the email viewer.

Feature requests?

Hello,

We have currently put attachments on hold because we don't want to interfere with BlackBerry's attachment service, which will always be top of the heap.

Does anyone have feature requests?

massante no está en línea Stack level 1

no download

Trying desparatly to download it not allowing me in asks for username and password........Can you help........cannot afford bbsmartviewer

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by massante View Post
    Trying desparatly to download it not allowing me in asks for username and password........Can you help........cannot afford bbsmartviewer
    There hasn't been much said about this program in a while and
    I don't think there website is even up and running anymore.
    Have you tried Empower mail viewer (http://www.getempower.com/Empower_HTML_Mail_Viewer.php)
    this is the one I use. And there is a whole section for it here
    on PinStacks (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/f171-empower.html)
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123