Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by mellis2718 The link on your site gives page not found. ~via BB ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Implex no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: No-hype free email viewer for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mellis2718
    The link on your site gives page not found. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Works fine ..

saraiya no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by saraiya
    You have no idea how many people have emailed us saying the same thing. All we can think is that they are being paid, one way or the other.

Their choice.
    Just FYI: we were told by an old customer that he had posted about us in answer to a question on that forum. They changed the name to *s. Now they have deleted the post.

We know from experience that they have selectively deleted posts in threads to make certain products look better.

That's not a "forum". The whole point of a "forum" is that you get to disagree with anyone. That's a right, not a favor.

The following is one of many message exchanges we have had with the owner of that forum, Tom Glogowski. We have had exchanges with him at the same email address, so we believe that it is him.

There is much more, but this is all the lawyers will let us quote at this point:
    Quote Originally Posted by glogowski
    Any address, name or mention of your product or service is on a
    permanent BAN from my forums.
    Note the use of "my".

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Just FYI: we were told by an old customer that he had posted about us in answer to a question on that forum. They changed the name to *s. Now they have deleted the post.

We know from experience that they have selectively deleted posts in threads to make certain products look better.

That's not a "forum". The whole point of a "forum" is that you get to disagree with anyone. That's a right, not a favor.

The following is one of many message exchanges we have had with the owner of that forum, Tom Glogowski. We have had exchanges with him at the same email address, so we believe that it is him.

There is much more, but this is all the lawyers will let us quote at this point:

Note the use of "my".
    (chuckle)

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    (chuckle)
    We find it funny, too

Our business remains the same in every way.

Implex no está en línea Stack level 2

We find it funny, too

Our business remains the same in every way.
    well .. people seem to jump onto conclusions ..
    I have been in foruming for may be more than 5 years.. People need to be responsible .. Moderators are there to facilitate and not to judge everything ...

Well you know that for sure.. but still I would confirm to everyone .. I am in no way linked to Saraiya or any subsidiaries( I am not sure if they have one) ..

I am a supporter of free speech..

And the whole episode has been funny.. and people laugh when I tell them this story ..

Best Regards
    Implex

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Any screen shots yet guys?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

i just took these screenshots. its not really an html viewer and i cant open any email attachments (txt attachments work but not pictures).
    Attached Images Attached Images

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Very Primitive. Thanx for posting. I'm definitely sticking with Empower(never thought of switching), but I just wanted to see what this thing looked like. Now I know.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

obijohn no está en línea Stack level 2

Just wanted to encourage the development of this app and also make a couple of suggestions. I really like the folder/thread concept. A lot.

Ok, here a my suggestions (version 0.2.0):
    1) After making a change in Settings, you have to close the app and restart it for the change to take effect. It would be better if the change took effect when you closed the settings screen, without having to restart the app.
    2) On the Folder screen, each folder name is truncated by 2 or 3 characters regardless of how small the name of the folder is, so that "Inbox" becomes "Inb..." and "Outbox" becomes "Outb..." and "Drafts" becomes "dr..." etc. I can understand truncating thread titles (because email subject lines can be long sometimes), but none of the folder names are long enough to require truncating.
    3) When viewing a folder, the titlebar just says "Folder" instead of "Inbox" or "Outbox". The actual folder name would be useful here.
    4) When viewing a folder, there is no indication whether a "thread" is single message or an actual thread with multiple messages. Perhaps showing the number of messages at the end of the thread title would help (e.g. "Our meeting tomorrow (3)" would indicate 3 messages in the thread). Granted, this would mean truncating long thread titles a little bit more, but I personally would like this.
    5) Needs attachment viewing. Don't need anything fancy, just what BlackBerry already supports.
    And lastly, 6) Please add support for viewing HTML-formatted messages.

Anyway, looks good so far. As I said, I really like the thread feature, so I'd really like to see development continue. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by obijohn
    Just wanted to encourage the development of this app and also make a couple of suggestions. I really like the folder/thread concept. A lot.

1) After making a change in Settings, you have to close the app and restart it for the change to take effect. It would be better if the change took effect when you closed the settings screen, without having to restart the app.
    2) On the Folder screen, each folder name is truncated by 2 or 3 characters regardless of how small the name of the folder is, so that "Inbox" becomes "Inb..." and "Outbox" becomes "Outb..." and "Drafts" becomes "dr..." etc. I can understand truncating thread titles (because email subject lines can be long sometimes), but none of the folder names are long enough to require truncating.
    3) When viewing a folder, the titlebar just says "Folder" instead of "Inbox" or "Outbox". The actual folder name would be useful here.
    4) When viewing a folder, there is no indication whether a "thread" is single message or an actual thread with multiple messages. Perhaps showing the number of messages at the end of the thread title would help (e.g. "Our meeting tomorrow (3)" would indicate 3 messages in the thread). Granted, this would mean truncating long thread titles a little bit more, but I personally would like this.
    5) Needs attachment viewing. Don't need anything fancy, just what BlackBerry already supports.

Anyway, looks good so far. As I said, I really like the thread feature, so I'd really like to see development continue. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks.

We just barely started. In addition to its usual standalone mode, it now puts a context menu item in your standard BlackBerry message list view. However, it is currently not pretty and just barely functional.

In answer to your questions:

(1) We will do this.
    (2) We will fix this.
    (3) OK.
    (4) OK.
    (5) and (6) Currently working on it. We do this in our spare time, so it will take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by obijohn

There's a new version out. This fixes some of the ugliness of the BB buttons, and incorporates some of your suggestions. We're working on attachments now, and html will be next.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207E4A

Saraiya,

The program looks promissing, but there are some things that might be usefull to advise you of .

• You have to click on the Bmail option to use it , there is no default settings that will give you a choice of what viewer to use.
      • might wanna have a connections settings test !!! for those of us that dont understand completely the way several BB connect .
      • Please make sure the image viewer works , as of now I cant see a single HTML pic from the emails I can only see the complete links .
      • there are a million colors to choose your background i dont think that a background is too important.
    Hope the information given will help you a bit more on your software development .

Thank you so much for letting us provide you feedback

There's a new version out. This fixes some of the ugliness of the BB buttons, and incorporates some of your suggestions. We're working on attachments now, and html will be next.
    We just added html viewing.

OTA: http://www.saraiya.com/BMail/ota.pl

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

Wat r u people talking about? This is some weird mess going on around here.

JE

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

OOOoOoh tHIS PROGRAM LOOKS REAL COOL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast