Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello, There has recently been a lot of hype about "new" email viewers for the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

saraiya no está en línea Stack level 2

No-hype free email viewer for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Hello,

There has recently been a lot of hype about "new" email viewers for the BlackBerry. While it is always nice to see beginning developers discover the merits of the BlackBerry API, we believe that there should be more to a saleable item than reading the documentation.

In that spirit, we created a free email application for the BlackBerry. Our focus was to make sure that we didn't reinvent the wheel as square, and work on it until it turned round. Our first (pre-alpha) cut is available now, at http://www.saraiya.com . It took one developer three hours to do this. The application is small because BlackBerry has already provided the functionality. We will try hard to make it smaller.

Why are we doing this? Our customers are our significant others. We will work on this as time permits. You are welcome to use it or not. Unless there is a significant development overhead, we don't see the need to ever charge for it.

Why did we start? One developer of one of these overhyped products posted in our thread on another forum about how he could do our job better than we could. That was a mistake, and the fact that the moderator on that thread chose to back him was another. The biggest mistake was hyping what is really an undergraduate project at best. However, at this point, it is something that we are committed to.

Enjoy.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: No-hype free email viewer for BlackBerry

Hmmm...what is different about your viewer than say Empower's viewer?

I will pay willingly for an app that lets me type in COLOR....Empower is supposed to, but I can't figure it out for the life of me. The only reason I use it is so I dont dealwith all kinds of HTML links all over the place in an email.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

yes would love to hear more about the program

PIN/ID

The website says the same thing your post does, so please share.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado
    The website says the same thing your post does, so please share.
    We can add anything you want. Research In Motion/BlackBerry has provided some very powerful tools in their API, perhaps hoping that people would read the documentation. Post what you would like and over time we will provide everything reasonable.

Note that we don't ever expect to charge for the software. It's already in the marble, so to speak.

Implex no está en línea Stack level 2

the things that took place were sad..

Good luck mate .. with this new app..

programming is fun .. but for sometimes life is not.. ignore some people
    have fun

best of luck again
    Implex

Implex no está en línea Stack level 2

The guys at BBF banned me.. thinking I belong to saraiya's ..
    these people seriously need a life
    If you don't support their sponsor's product.. they will ban you :P

May Lord give them mercy coz they don't know what they are doing

PIN/ID

still waiting....

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

competition is always healthy, but lets try to keep the tongue-in-cheek comments off pinstack and let all that die on the other forum. end of the day the product will speak for itself and be appreciated (or unappreciated) based on its merits.

would it be possible to get a better product description and list of features, or even better, a feature comparison chart to another major email viewer?

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Screenshot please???!!!
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

figment no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2039eb1b

It doesn't work, at least for me. I can't find any options anywhere and it doesn't load html, you still see it the same way the integrated viewer shows it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    competition is always healthy, but lets try to keep the tongue-in-cheek comments off pinstack and let all that die on the other forum. end of the day the product will speak for itself and be appreciated (or unappreciated) based on its merits.

would it be possible to get a better product description and list of features, or even better, a feature comparison chart to another major email viewer?
    Thanks.

We started the end of last week. Our product is still pre-alpha (version number 0.2.0). We work on it after work when we can, because it doesn't cost anything so it doesn't pay the company.

At this point, we have a first milestone -- something usable but far from a real solution.

It allows you to look at any mail folder on your BlackBerry. It groups by subject, and sorts by sent date (latest first). It tells you when you have new mail on a subject. You can view, reply, forward and delete any message. For us, the most useful functionality (and we all use it now) is that it groups by subject, and allows you to delete by subject. We all get tons of automated email, and this function alone has saved us time by letting us address one email thread at a time, and letting us delete an entire thread from our BlackBerries.

The user interface needs work. Currently, you can choose colors and fonts (we suggest DarkSalmon or MediumSeaGreen, but that is an individual choice), but our top-level screens are based on BlackBerry buttons and those need a little tweaking, so we are writing our own.

Our focus so far has been our significant others and ourselves. We now need to go back, think about the next features, make things a little faster and fix the user interface. We need to refactor the code to make it more extensible -- we intend to throw away every line of code we have written so far, and start again from scratch.

The basic idea has not changed -- to use as much as possible of the existing functionality in the BlackBerry (which is underused), and have a small, lightweight solution.

There will be a lot of talk from competitors about support and about how it will not remain free. As we said, our customers started with and will always include our significant others, and that should mean something. If not, no big deal. There are plenty of choices out there for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Implex
    The guys at BBF banned me.. thinking I belong to saraiya's ..
    these people seriously need a life
    If you don't support their sponsor's product.. they will ban you :P

May Lord give them mercy coz they don't know what they are doing
    You have no idea how many people have emailed us saying the same thing. All we can think is that they are being paid, one way or the other.

Their choice.

mellis2718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218255b2

The link on your site gives page not found. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by mellis2718
    The link on your site gives page not found. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Our provider rolled back to an earlier version. The problem was that it was written as Bmail instead of BMail.

Please try again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast