Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am looking for a cheap (or free) NIV Bible for my 8310 Curve. I ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask

NIV Bible software...

Advertisement

I am looking for a cheap (or free) NIV Bible for my 8310 Curve.

I have looked at Olive Tree and the Noah Bible reader, but $20+ is kinda steep for me. Any other suggestions?

Oh, if possible, I would like an OTA link since I am at work currently. I have a LONG boring day ahead so I am searching for new software for my Curve. Thanks!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb

Not an application, but a BlackBerry friendly online version: http://biblegateway.com

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    If you have the mobile ebook reader (forgot the exact name because I removed it since I have audible now)...but anyway, there are tons of free full versions out there. I have 2 (king james, and niv) which are legally free. If you want I can sand you them.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Mobipocket Reader is the reader you're thinking of. I need a free copy myself. I would like the 2 you have. Thanks.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    i have a few one with both old and new testement books but it take up a good amount of memeory but pin and ill get you the files link

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    What happened to Acts 8:37? ....in the NIV?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just some info for you, the NIV version is not legally free. I worked with BEIKS doing beta testing of their Noah Bible reader and the NIV is not free through them because the rights to it are still owned. It is not a public domain version like the KJV and ASV are.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cpk3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    What happened to Acts 8:37? ....in the NIV?

If you must know.. and Mods delete if inappropriate.

The NIV used the most and oldest transcripts known, and the relied mostly on the original Hebrew scrolls which did not have 37 in it, and is believed to have been added when translated to Greek.

NIV Reads... 36As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, "Look, here is water. Why shouldn't I be baptized?" 38 And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him.

With a foot note to 37 saying it did not appear until later transcripts, was added when translated to Greek and or other languages.

37, translated by NIV reads... Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." The eunuch answered, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

Doesn't change the message.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    Thanks! So I need a reader and the Bible application?

I read that the Olive Tree one (I think) uses your memory card, or was it the Noah one. I guess that could be worth the price. I don't have a lot of apps on my BB so I have a good memory size.

If it is ok, send me the link and I will see if I like it. Thanks for all the response!
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've got Olive Tree with the NIV on my 700p and with ASV on my Curve. I plan to move everything to the Curve once it comes out on Sprint, so I'd be very interested in an app which supports the memory card for storage. I didn't see anything about that for Olive Tree, Noah, or MobiPocket, so if you could find that reference I'd appreciate it.

I trialed Noah a few months ago and thought the UI looked "old and tired" and didn't think it had memory card support. I haven't tried Mobi on the Curve yet, perhaps it does, but we'll see how it's UI supports Bibles (some of their web site commens are both good and bad).
    Last edited by tomvb2000; 03-21-2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: sp
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

I just trialed the MobiPocket version and it does support the memory card (very nice). Unfortunately, the NIV demo is only the Preface material, so it's hard to determine how good/bad navigation is. The price is good at $15 vs $25 for the others.

Anyone have experience with MobiPocket Bibles?
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Just some info for you, the NIV version is not legally free. I worked with BEIKS doing beta testing of their Noah Bible reader and the NIV is not free through them because the rights to it are still owned. It is not a public domain version like the KJV and ASV are.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It was a little hard to find at first, but finally found this link for v4.0 of the Reader for the Blackberry with SD card support (released Feb 29). This version looks much better than v3.0 but is a higher priced since the reader is $20 and the NIV is an addt'l $25.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    I tried the Olive Tree free ASV version but I really don't like that version. I prefer NIV. The layout was a little too "hard" not real easy to get quickly get a Book. Thanks for all the replies. I will try to report back if I find one I like.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

2doe no está en línea Stack level 1
    anybody got the NIV?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2doe View Post
    anybody got the NIV?
    Try youversion, it requires a data connection but has 40 different versions available for free including NIV. I use it on my BlackBerry and my iPod Touch and it works beautifully and has many extra features. Check it out here: http://www.youversion.com/mobile/blackberry
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast