Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i still say develop the status bar part!... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

itsadrian no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

i still say develop the status bar part!

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    WeatherBug is a really nice app!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    Nice that is free (I wonder what's the difference with the $40/year service) but as I wondered it doesn't support my location.
    What location?
    JerryD

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    Buenos Aires, Argentina.

p00rcoll3geboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2474A786
    which one is better, Weatherbug Direct or Weather-eye? Which one gives more accurate information, more updates, and goes out less?

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by p00rcoll3geboi View Post
    which one is better, Weatherbug Direct or Weather-eye? Which one gives more accurate information, more updates, and goes out less?
    I've used both, and my vote is for WeatherBug.

They both display the temp/weather conditions on their homescreen icon which is a nice feature and a must have for me (the reason I no longer use bbweather). I prefer the way WeatherBug does this though as you can glance and see the actual temp, as opposed to WeatherEye only having an icon of the current conditions, that you then have to highlight and it tells you the temp via the app name. WeatherBug has an additional icon that shows the conditions as well, although the icons that WeatherEye uses for this are nicer. If you highlight that WeatherBug icon, it changes to show you the forecasted high/low for the day. It would be perfect (in my opinion, anyway) if they would display the current temp superimposed over an icon of the current conditions so you can see both at a glance and not have to take up space with two icons. Although WeatherEye has a nicer UI (native BB app as opposed to WeatherBug just being a link to a website), I eventually removed it completely in favor of WeatherBug.

My main problem with WeatherEye is that is doesn't have nearly as many locations to choose from as WeatherBug. With WeatherBug I can put in my zip code and it pulls up several nearby locations to choose from. On the other hand with WeatherEye, I have to choose the nearest large city (Dallas, TX for me), so the temp/conditions aren't always accurate. Also WeatherBug has notifications for bad weather conditions and the ability to customize those via BlackBerry profiles seals the deal for me.

Also, if I'm not mistaken I believe you can configure WeatherBug to update more frequently than WeatherEye allows.
    Last edited by bonebox; 07-08-2008 at 04:25 PM.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    having trouble downloading OTA....is there a desktop version?

PIN/ID
    2474A786
    I'm using both of them right now to compare. I hid the forecast icon for weatherbug becsuse I could see the same info when I click on the current condition icon. After the initial setup, I can't figure out how to go back and change how often I want weatherbug to update...any help would be appreciated, thanks!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    having trouble downloading OTA....is there a desktop version?
    never mind....i got it to work

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by p00rcoll3geboi View Post
    I'm using both of them right now to compare. I hid the forecast icon for weatherbug becsuse I could see the same info when I click on the current condition icon. After the initial setup, I can't figure out how to go back and change how often I want weatherbug to update...any help would be appreciated, thanks!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yeah that's the best thing to do, as it really just comes down to personal preference.

You configure all of WeatherBug's settings via BlackBerry "Options" -> "WeatherBug Settings". To edit the update invervals, click the BB menu key and select "Advanced Settings" while in WeatherBug settings.
    Last edited by bonebox; 07-08-2008 at 05:31 PM.

PIN/ID
    2474A786
    Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    ... click the BB menu key and select "Advanced Settings" while in WeatherBug settings.
    Ah that's the part I missed, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12